5,599,977 Members 46,118 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

3 hours!!!! To fully charge???

Tip us?

bor51
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default different charger

i've charged my SGS2 with my wife's Note 2 charger and it was very fast. Nearly two hours.

Fevves
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bor51 View Post
i've charged my SGS2 with my wife's Note 2 charger and it was very fast. Nearly two hours.
Cause it has a higher charging rate, thus compensating for what your phone is draining under usual curcomstances while charging, so it provides all the same (limited) 650mAh, but topping it on better as it can provide more juice at the same time (same as I saw on car charger on 2.1A instead on regular 1A port).

Try both chargers with phone powered down and see if there's any difference (not @ you directly, but anyone can try that with 2 different chargers), as it should not yield any difference thus confirming SGS2 is configured to take ~ 650mAh charge and not more

Cheers
Actual phone:
SGS4 i9505 Stock 4.2.2 rooted
Domination moded thanks to Vertumus
Xposed moded thanks to Rovo89
Wanam Xposed moded thanks to wanam
Manually debloated by removing 508mb of system apks
tbc

Old (& now sold) phone
SGS2 on Ice Cream Sandwich ROM:

jaswinky
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEECH161 View Post
But it risky for USB port!
Yes, but only for very old PCs... Actual PCs are able to provide up to 1A or even more amnd, anyway, actual PCs are current protected, so no risk.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
ill never buy an iphone,s2 does charge really slowly and s3 too,but s4 no,so its a matter of samsungs technology which is slow,plus i agree that battery is good for 1650,i guess ill have to get used to it.Im going to send it to samsung to see if they can change something,like the usb port to handle more voltage,do u guys think its possible?
No. It is an easy math operation... Standard S2 batteries are 1650mAh, and S2 will ALLWAYS charge at 650mA curent (only with original Samsung or bridged charger, oterwise it will charge at 450mA). Just divide 1650mAh / 650mA = 2,538 h = 2 hours and 32,5 minutes charging. I have a 1900mAh battery: 1900/650= 2 hours and 55,5 minutes (almost 3h) charging.

If you want to charge your battery faster, your only option would be to charge it externally with a current power source higher than 650mA..

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bor51 View Post
The math calculations are clear: for a standard S2 battery, 1650mAh / 650mA = 2,538 h = 2 hours and 32,5 minutes complete charging. If you got only 2h, you started at 20% battery charging...