Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 38,064 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

9100t yellow triangle

Tip us?

Stevo001457
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default 9100t yellow triangle

Hey folks, just a minor problem on my device and hoping someone would help. I have the i9100t and installed the i9100t Israel jb rom. Installed speedmod kernal no issues but when I reboot the device it keeps coming up with a yellow triangle every time it starts up so I download triangle away but says "could not locate magic loader" not supported or something. Is there another program or something to get rid of this triangle cause it's kinda annoying, cheers.

Dragoon Aethis
Old
Thanks Meter 6
It's really not safe to mess with the bootloader. You'll see this triangle during boot only, and for your own safety, don't touch this. (If any given app breaks your bootloader, you CANNOT recover this device. Download mode won't work. Here's a big, red warning in the first post about this.)

Stevo001457
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon Aethis View Post
It's really not safe to mess with the bootloader. You'll see this triangle during boot only, and for your own safety, don't touch this. (If any given app breaks your bootloader, you CANNOT recover this device. Download mode won't work. Here's a big, red warning in the first post about this.)

Okay thanks for the precaution. But I didn't mess with the bootloader, I just flashed speedrom kernel then the triangle appeared. I can live with it cause I only see it when the phone boots up but would be nice if I could get rid of it. Triangle away doesn't work cause I use the i9100t rom so was just wondering if there was an alternative.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
The I9100T rom shouldn't be a reason for TA not working, there's nothing special in the rom that would prevent it from working; apart from very slight difference in power output of radio, the I9100 & I9100T are exactly the same phone, and the only difference firmware-wise (slight) is the modems (I had a I9100T on Voda for 2 yrs).

Have you asked in the TA thread on here ? (Search for it). Also, a few other ways you might be able to attack this, and bear in mind there is risk of turning your phone into a paperweight involved here (And frankly, for the sake of a warning triangle at boot, why risk it ? I mean, who honestly sits there staring at their phone as it boots ?):-

*You should be able to find the 'old' bootloader if you search for it, if you flash it, you'll be able to reset the flash counter & get rid of the triangle with a jig. However, this may render your current rom unbootable (bootloop), which you'd need to fix by flashing the 'new' bootloader (again, easily found by searching) and flashing a bootloader is the most risky flash you can do.

Not so much because the actual flashing of the bootloader is risky as such, there's no more risk so far as the flash itself is concerned. It's just that if the flash goes bad (which is a very small risk with every single flash), you won't be recovering it. It's not like flashing a wrong kernel that ends up in a bootloop which you fix by flashing the right kernel or a stock rom & you live happily ever after.

It will be a service centre or bin job.

*Maybe try flashing the 3 part stock rom linked to in Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General (this will wipe your phone), then flash a JB a stock rom for your carrier & try TA again ? May not make any difference, but if it means that much to you...

Again, given the hassles to do this, you seriously need to ask yourself is it worth it just to get rid of something you see for two seconds when the phone boots & is purely cosmetic. And also bear in mind using TA is not without risk, though 'complications' arising from its use are rather rare, they're not completely unheard of. My take on using TA has always been (across several devices) 'Try it once, if it works smoothly first time all good, if there's any drama whatsoever, don't risk it a second time, etc'.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

Stevo001457
Old
(Last edited by Stevo001457; 5th April 2014 at 04:33 AM.) Reason: Adding stuff
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
The I9100T rom shouldn't be a reason for TA not working, there's nothing special in the rom that would prevent it from working; apart from very slight difference in power output of radio, the I9100 & I9100T are exactly the same phone, and the only difference firmware-wise (slight) is the modems (I had a I9100T on Voda for 2 yrs).

Have you asked in the TA thread on here ? (Search for it). Also, a few other ways you might be able to attack this, and bear in mind there is risk of turning your phone into a paperweight involved here (And frankly, for the sake of a warning triangle at boot, why risk it ? I mean, who honestly sits there staring at their phone as it boots ?):-

*You should be able to find the 'old' bootloader if you search for it, if you flash it, you'll be able to reset the flash counter & get rid of the triangle with a jig. However, this may render your current rom unbootable (bootloop), which you'd need to fix by flashing the 'new' bootloader (again, easily found by searching) and flashing a bootloader is the most risky flash you can do.

Not so much because the actual flashing of the bootloader is risky as such, there's no more risk so far as the flash itself is concerned. It's just that if the flash goes bad (which is a very small risk with every single flash), you won't be recovering it. It's not like flashing a wrong kernel that ends up in a bootloop which you fix by flashing the right kernel or a stock rom & you live happily ever after.

It will be a service centre or bin job.

*Maybe try flashing the 3 part stock rom linked to in Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General (this will wipe your phone), then flash a JB a stock rom for your carrier & try TA again ? May not make any difference, but if it means that much to you...

Again, given the hassles to do this, you seriously need to ask yourself is it worth it just to get rid of something you see for two seconds when the phone boots & is purely cosmetic. And also bear in mind using TA is not without risk, though 'complications' arising from its use are rather rare, they're not completely unheard of. My take on using TA has always been (across several devices) 'Try it once, if it works smoothly first time all good, if there's any drama whatsoever, don't risk it a second time, etc'.
That's very odd, mine was originally either Telstra or voda so it shouldn't make a difference. It's probably the updated firmware which isn't supported as yet by triangle away. Probably isn't worth the hassle by downgrading the firmware or downgrading the bootloader, which poses a minor risk of hard bricking.It's only for a second each boot and it isn't really too bothersome.