[Q] Cannot access Phiz recovery

OP szilagyiszabi81

12th February 2014, 09:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hello!

I have an i9100 that was rooted but collapsed with a custom rom.

I wanted to reflash the stock rom via Odin (XXLSJ). It worked but I was stuck with a boot loop.

I flashed a matching Philz recovery cwm6-xxlsj-oxx.4.31 via Odin but I cannot access it by pressing volume up + home + power button.

As a matter of fact I tried to flash other cwm versions and non of them would start by using the buttons...

I spent a lot of time looking for answer but haven't found any. I also tried to flash other custom roms via Odin but none of these work.

I would appreciate help a lot! I rooted some phones already but a detailed instruction would be preferable.

Thanks once again!
12th February 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3,206

7,088 posts
Find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' guide stickied in the General section. Download the 3 part stock firmware linked in the thread, flash with Odin (this will wipe your phone). If you have problems with the flash, do the stuff suggested in the thread until you get a successful one. This will give you a 'clean slate'.

From there, you can re-root your thread & flash a custom rom/whatever. How ? Search. 'How to root' has been asked/answered thousands of times here over the past two years; one hint I'm giving you: Thread stickied near top of Q&A has simple root method (others in guides/tutorials stickied near top of General section). So far as flashing a given rom is concerned, flashing instructions are always on the first page of the thread devoted to the rom, and are clear/concise 99.9% of the time.

Best bit of advice I can give you - don't do anything to your phone until you understand what you're doing. Not doing so leads to busted phones. Take your time.
12th February 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

Find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' guide stickied in the General section. Download the 3 part stock firmware linked in the thread, flash with Odin (this will wipe your phone). If you have problems with the flash, do the stuff suggested in the thread until you get a successful one. This will give you a 'clean slate'.

From there, you can re-root your thread & flash a custom rom/whatever. How ? Search. 'How to root' has been asked/answered thousands of times here over the past two years; one hint I'm giving you: Thread stickied near top of Q&A has simple root method (others in guides/tutorials stickied near top of General section). So far as flashing a given rom is concerned, flashing instructions are always on the first page of the thread devoted to the rom, and are clear/concise 99.9% of the time.

Best bit of advice I can give you - don't do anything to your phone until you understand what you're doing. Not doing so leads to busted phones. Take your time.

Thank you for the answer. However, I tried those.

I don't have any problem with the flashing of that ROM, it just wouldn't start. It is boot-looping.

I can flash the Siyah kernel via Odin, but I cannot enter CWM after that so I cannot perform that procedure.
12th February 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #4  
Local Bubble
Thanks Meter: 129

323 posts
Try this
Take out battery,hold vol up + home + power and put the battery back without releasing the buttons.
12th February 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImpossibleEnemy

Try this
Take out battery,hold vol up + home + power and put the battery back without releasing the buttons.

Sorry, does not work.
12th February 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #6  
Local Bubble

323 posts
kinda silly question

did you hold them for at least 3 sec?
12th February 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:

kinda silly question

did you hold them for at least 3 sec?

Of course.

I read now that maybe I need to reflash the bootloader file.
12th February 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #8  
Local Bubble

323 posts
just checked

latest philz for xxlsj is 4.35
12th February 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:

just checked

latest philz for xxlsj is 4.35

Flashed it via Odin but still cannot enter recovery by Vol Up + Home + Power.

Stuck with a bootloop with yellow triangle...
12th February 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #10  
Local Bubble

323 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by szilagyiszabi81

Flashed it via Odin but still cannot enter recovery by Vol Up + Home + Power.

Stuck with a bootloop with yellow triangle...

Idk,maybe try dorimanx 8.43.Or other stock firmware like xwms3

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread