Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Accidentally flashed i9100G ROM, now stuck in bootloop

OP Zhangman

4th October 2012, 05:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi Guys,
Really hope you guys can help me out...
Accidentally flashed the i9100G version of resurrection remix onto my i9100 (stupid mistake I know... )
Have tried flashing stock android roms on using odin
My phone is the international version of the S2, parallel Imported from Poland (I think)
Have tried:
-I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXALPQ_XEO
-GT-I9100_SEB_I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXXLPD_I9100XXLPQ
-I9100XWLPX_I9100NEELP5_NEE

I can still enter recovery & download mode,however recovery hangs every time I try to wipe data
Everytime I flash a stock rom I get to the little green robot with the blue progress bar down the bottom. This goes on for about 5 mins before the progress bar stops and the phone freezes. If I take the battery out and restart the phone it just goes straight into the default android recovery mode. I have read that at this stage you should clear data,however recovery always hangs when I try to factory reset. it can clear cache fine though....

I've also tried flashing CWM through the default launcher, this works and I've tried to install the proper version of resurrection remix, however the install hangs at extracting system/xbin/vim. I do have nandroid backups of previous ICS installations, but restoring them also fails..... so I am stumped atm

Would really appreciate some help
Thanks guys
4th October 2012, 06:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 412

1,263 posts
Donate to Me
More
using Odin, try flashing WITHOUT the .PIT and re-partition. And only if it DOESN'T WORK OR FIX then you flash with the .PIT and Re-Partition ticked.

Now, it should fix the NAND rw coruption.

Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
4th October 2012, 06:23 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by *boy*racer*

using Odin, try flashing WITHOUT the .PIT and re-partition. And only if it DOESN'T WORK OR FIX then you flash with the .PIT and Re-Partition ticked.

Now, it should fix the NAND rw coruption.

Hope this helps

Just seeking some clarification, for the first time is that with repartition ticked and PIT left empty or repartition left unticked. I have been flashing with repartition unticked all along with no luck,
Thanks
4th October 2012, 07:04 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 412

1,263 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhangman

Just seeking some clarification, for the first time is that with repartition ticked and PIT left empty or repartition left unticked. I have been flashing with repartition unticked all along with no luck,
Thanks

That is correct. OK now try the other option. Tick re-partition and add .PIT file, then flash firmware too.

The Following User Says Thank You to *boy*racer* For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th October 2012, 01:06 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Problem Solved Using this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1760107
4th October 2012, 03:01 PM   |  #6  

18 posts
Smile
Good to know its solved !

next time, make sure to always try a flash via Odin or a atleast an external device to push it towards the phone. if thats doesn't work then you got a real problem
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread