Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 38,985 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Accidentally flashed i9100G ROM, now stuck in bootloop

Tip us?

Zhangman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Accidentally flashed i9100G ROM, now stuck in bootloop

Hi Guys,
Really hope you guys can help me out...
Accidentally flashed the i9100G version of resurrection remix onto my i9100 (stupid mistake I know... )
Have tried flashing stock android roms on using odin
My phone is the international version of the S2, parallel Imported from Poland (I think)
Have tried:
-I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXALPQ_XEO
-GT-I9100_SEB_I9100XXLPQ_I9100OXXLPD_I9100XXLPQ
-I9100XWLPX_I9100NEELP5_NEE

I can still enter recovery & download mode,however recovery hangs every time I try to wipe data
Everytime I flash a stock rom I get to the little green robot with the blue progress bar down the bottom. This goes on for about 5 mins before the progress bar stops and the phone freezes. If I take the battery out and restart the phone it just goes straight into the default android recovery mode. I have read that at this stage you should clear data,however recovery always hangs when I try to factory reset. it can clear cache fine though....

I've also tried flashing CWM through the default launcher, this works and I've tried to install the proper version of resurrection remix, however the install hangs at extracting system/xbin/vim. I do have nandroid backups of previous ICS installations, but restoring them also fails..... so I am stumped atm

Would really appreciate some help
Thanks guys

*boy*racer*
Old
Thanks Meter 408

DONATE TO ME
using Odin, try flashing WITHOUT the .PIT and re-partition. And only if it DOESN'T WORK OR FIX then you flash with the .PIT and Re-Partition ticked.

Now, it should fix the NAND rw coruption.

Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Zhangman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by *boy*racer* View Post
using Odin, try flashing WITHOUT the .PIT and re-partition. And only if it DOESN'T WORK OR FIX then you flash with the .PIT and Re-Partition ticked.

Now, it should fix the NAND rw coruption.

Hope this helps

Just seeking some clarification, for the first time is that with repartition ticked and PIT left empty or repartition left unticked. I have been flashing with repartition unticked all along with no luck,
Thanks

*boy*racer*
Old
Thanks Meter 408

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhangman View Post
Just seeking some clarification, for the first time is that with repartition ticked and PIT left empty or repartition left unticked. I have been flashing with repartition unticked all along with no luck,
Thanks
That is correct. OK now try the other option. Tick re-partition and add .PIT file, then flash firmware too.

The Following User Says Thank You to *boy*racer* For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zhangman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Problem Solved Using this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1760107

Thetakman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Good to know its solved !

next time, make sure to always try a flash via Odin or a atleast an external device to push it towards the phone. if thats doesn't work then you got a real problem