Post Reply

Question [Q] MMS compatible video codec

OP wrt34u7

16th June 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
I want to send a small video clip via MMS. I converted a clip to make it playable on my phone and it looks like this:

video codec: H.264/AVC
file type: mp4 iso v.2
audio: MPEG-2/4, 44100 Hz, 128 kbps
size: 100 kB (has to be under 300 kB because that's the limit in my country)

It plays just fine on my S2, but when I sent it to another person, they said they can't retrieve it.

What can I do to make it work?
18th June 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
bump
18th June 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #3  
keithross39's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 1,207
 
1,995 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Upload it to cloud storage and text your friend a link to it...

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right
19th June 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithross39

Upload it to cloud storage and text your friend a link to it...

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right

Is it even possible to send video MMSs?
19th June 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #5  
camp0s's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrt34u7

I want to send a small video clip via MMS. I converted a clip to make it playable on my phone and it looks like this:

video codec: H.264/AVC
file type: mp4 iso v.2
audio: MPEG-2/4, 44100 Hz, 128 kbps
size: 100 kB (has to be under 300 kB because that's the limit in my country)

It plays just fine on my S2, but when I sent it to another person, they said they can't retrieve it.

What can I do to make it work?

Converted how/where? Which program do you use for thre playback? MMS_system use old and not flexible formats; usually it works, but you have to do everything from the phone. Alternatively, you can use whatsapp/telegram or.. plain old email attachment
20th June 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by camp0s

Converted how/where? Which program do you use for thre playback? MMS_system use old and not flexible formats; usually it works, but you have to do everything from the phone. Alternatively, you can use whatsapp/telegram or.. plain old email attachment

I used AVS converter on my PC and copied the file to my phone using a cable. I use MX Player to watch videos on my phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes