Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Alliance Mods bootloop & other problems! / Resolved!!

OP CrackDaddy

13th February 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35

285 posts
More
After being stupidly led to believe I could flash this "V2.4 STOCK THEMED LSD ODEXED", from this thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37186930, & having done a nandroid backup, I can no longer use the phone!!
I have no settings/dialler/contacts/messaging now, after restoring backup when flashing the mod resulted in bootloop!
I've tried using Titanium Backup to restore contacts & messaging but it just hangs! I even tried to install the apks from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1969991, but they start to install then say not installed!?
What's happened & how can I fix it without having to flash stock rom all over again & lose everything?
Last edited by CrackDaddy; 14th February 2014 at 04:27 PM.
13th February 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

285 posts
More
Anyone?
13th February 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #3  
Sweden
Thanks Meter: 780

293 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackDaddy

Anyone?

You have to make a full wipe of your phone in Recovery mode. Then you can just restore /data partition from the Nandroid backup to keep all your apps.
I also suggest you fully unroot by re-flashing your stock firmware and re-root if any problem persists after trying the option i've written above.

Good luck!
13th February 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

285 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGovernment

You have to make a full wipe of your phone in Recovery mode. Then you can just restore /data partition from the Nandroid backup to keep all your apps.
I also suggest you fully unroot by re-flashing your stock firmware and re-root if any problem persists after trying the option i've written above.

Good luck!

How do I just restore /data partition from backup in CWM? & if it works, can I then restore the whole backup & not have this problem when done? Thanks!
13th February 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #5  
Sweden

293 posts
More
Quote:

How do I just restore /data partition from backup in CWM? & if it works, can I then restore the whole backup & not have this problem when done? Thanks!

Didn't you try to restore the whole backup already? If you did and it didn't work then you cant restore your full Nandroid since something has gone corrupt.

What kernel are you on?

To restore /data is usually this way but depends on kernel, which is why i asked you
Go to 'Backup and Restore' and then 'Advanced restore/Custom restore job' and press on /data option.
13th February 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

285 posts
More
Quote:

Didn't you try to restore the whole backup already? If you did and it didn't work then you cant restore your full Nandroid since something has gone corrupt.

What kernel are you on?

To restore /data is usually this way but depends on kernel, which is why i asked you
Go to 'Backup and Restore' and then 'Advanced restore/Custom restore job' and press on /data option.

I have 2 backups, & restored both with same problem!
Stock kernel!
Could I not copy both backups to pc, factory reset in settings, re-root, then flash backup!? as both backups (one done today & one last month!) can't be corrupt surely!?
Last edited by CrackDaddy; 13th February 2014 at 06:20 PM.
13th February 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #7  
Sweden

293 posts
More
Quote:

I have 2 backups, & restored both with same problem!
Stock kernel!
Could I not copy both backups to pc, factory reset in settings, re-root, then flash backup!? as both backups (one done today & one last month!) can't be corrupt surely!?

Stock kernel!
Dude, you can't do much on stock kernel. you can't flash anything from stock kernel.

I suggest you remove everything and fully unroot your device by re-flashing stock firmware (and wipe data/cache etc)
Now flash a custom Kernel and then you can flash custom firmwares.
13th February 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

285 posts
More
Quote:

Stock kernel!
Dude, you can't do much on stock kernel. you can't flash anything from stock kernel.

I suggest you remove everything and fully unroot your device by re-flashing stock firmware (and wipe data/cache etc)
Now flash a custom Kernel and then you can flash custom firmwares.

I don't want different kernel or custom roms/firmwares, thanks all the same!
13th February 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #9  
Sweden

293 posts
More
Quote:

I don't want different kernel or custom roms/firmwares, thanks all the same!

Well if you want to flash something like you tried to do before - you will need a custom kernel (which includes a custom recovery). With stock recovery you can't do much..
13th February 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

285 posts
More
Quote:

Well if you want to flash something like you tried to do before - you will need a custom kernel (which includes a custom recovery). With stock recovery you can't do much..

I just flashed latest samfirmware with mobile odin & wiped dalvik cache & kept root in the process & all is good again!
The only problem I've got now , which is one I've had in the past & forgotten how to resolve, is that I kept having a force close with rom toolbox pro, so I uninstalled & tried to reinstall my backup in Titanium Backup, but it just hangs!? I tried reinstalling it again after downloading the apk backup I have on my laptop, but it won't install coz it says there's insufficient space & tries to redirect me to apps manager in settings!
There is enough space (414mb internal memory/8.45gb internal sd/ & 27gb ext sd), as I've installed the light version straight from play store!! Any ideas on this??
Oh & I have CWM recovery.zip for recovery!
THNX!
Last edited by CrackDaddy; 13th February 2014 at 11:49 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread