Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 44,972 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android wont boot up after CWM

Tip us?

V6xas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Android wont boot up after CWM

Hello. I have galaxy S2, and I wanted to install CWM. I installed it (CWM-KitKatCompatible-i9100) with odin with auto reboot unchecked and after that it doesn't boot up. It can go to odin and CWM modes, but the android doesn't launch. I did a recovery to phone storage, but still I cant launch the phone... Can anyone help me?

banjara
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Flash a compatible kernel to your installed rom via recovery. Or you can flash an insecure kernel via Odin.
Simple cwm flashing won't boot up your phone.
Galaxy S2
ROM: C-Rom 7.1

V6xas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjara View Post
Flash a compatible kernel to your installed rom via recovery. Or you can flash an insecure kernel via Odin.
Simple cwm flashing won't boot up your phone.
Would you mind explaining how to flash a compatible kernel to my phone via recovery? Also I didn't install any rom just cwm. And where should I get a proper kernel to my android? Sorry for dumb questions, but I'm not experienced enough as you see...

banjara
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6xas View Post
Would you mind explaining how to flash a compatible kernel to my phone via recovery? Also I didn't install any rom just cwm. And where should I get a proper kernel to my android? Sorry for dumb questions, but I'm not experienced enough as you see...
Well, there are 3 kernels which are quite popular here which have their depth range till kitkat roms.. A simple search on xda for them will lead you to the respective threads.
1. Gustavo's
2. Dorimanx
3. Apolo
If you want a KK rom then download a KK compatible kernel mentioned in the op for those threads, put that on external sdcard and boot to recovery. There you can flash the Kernel file. As you don't have a rom on your phone it would be better if you download a rom and gapps package too and flash them. After flashing a kernel, reboot to recovery and then flash rom and gapps.

If it's difficult for you to put those files on sdcard, you can flash a stock rom via Odin, flash a kernel e.g. philz, apolo,hirox via Odin. Search for these keywords here on xda. Once you have a working kernel and rom, you can download a custom rom and gapps, put it on your phone and follow the procedure which I mentioned first.

If my steps are still confusing to you then you require to search for these terminologies here on xda,read and understand them carefully and then proceed.
Galaxy S2
ROM: C-Rom 7.1

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1180
You didn't mention what OS/Firmware was on your phone before you started.....this is VERY important to know as it will decide what you can / cannot flash.....
Custom kernels are OS version dependent.....some will only work with ICS, others will only work with JB.....some are exclusively for KK.
You need to check this.....

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right

V6xas
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithross39 View Post
You didn't mention what OS/Firmware was on your phone before you started.....this is VERY important to know as it will decide what you can / cannot flash.....
Custom kernels are OS version dependent.....some will only work with ICS, others will only work with JB.....some are exclusively for KK.
You need to check this.....

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right
well I couldn't check cause it couldn't boot up, unless there's another way... But whatever I managed to write 4.4.2 Kitkat on my S2 and there's alot missing feature's like, I cant organise my program menu, I cant add many widgets that I had used in my previous android, there are no notes, phone file explorer and other what is irritating... Maybe there's some another pack that I missed when installing or what?