Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need a App for sharing a URL

Tip us?
 
Paras Lehana
Old
#1  
Paras Lehana's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Posts: 348
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Jammu
Default [Q] Need a App for sharing a URL

I just browse on my S II all the day but when it comes to download something, I prefer my PC. So, open the link on my S II's Dolphin Browser and Tap on Share Link. Now, few option comes after that from which I have to select via which app I want to share it, like Facebook, Twitter, etc. I dont see the Kies Air option (you dont see that too, right?).

Well, the question, is there an app on market via which I can share the URL on my PC?
 
It_ler
Old
#2  
It_ler's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 14841
Posts: 8,037
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paras Lehana View Post
I just browse on my S II all the day but when it comes to download something, I prefer my PC. So, open the link on my S II's Dolphin Browser and Tap on Share Link. Now, few option comes after that from which I have to select via which app I want to share it, like Facebook, Twitter, etc. I dont see the Kies Air option (you dont see that too, right?).

Well, the question, is there an app on market via which I can share the URL on my PC?
Why not just send it via message (GTalk, Skype, etc.) from your phone's account to another PC's account?
Long press the URL, mark everything and copy it to the clipboard.
Then open the message app you prefer and paste the URL into a message to "yourself".
Then switch to the message application on your PC and copy the URL into your preferred browser.

Not very "elegant", but this should work.
Device: SGS5 (SM-G900F)
ROM: AllianceROM v5
Kernel: Stock XXU1ANE2 kernel
Recovery: PhilZ-touch recovery
Modem: XXU1ANG2
If you have any question about or any issue with your SGS2, just ask in the New members friendly Q&A thread,
... for your SGS5, just ask in the Noob friendly Galaxy S5 All in one support thread.
...
If you need general help/assistance, please go to XDA Assist.
The Following User Says Thank You to It_ler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Bruce MJ
Old
#3  
Bruce MJ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 89
Posts: 257
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Paris
I use "pocket" on phone n pc. Give it a try, it's free in play store.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Galaxy Note II : (monxDIFIED) - (PhilZ Touch) - (Simplistic Framework) - (64GB Class10 SanDisk Ultra)
HP Touchpad : (32GB) - (CM 11 Latest Nightly)
Galaxy Camera : (WiFi only) - (32GB Samsung UHS-1 Class 10)

Coming from: Galaxy SII (NeatRom) - (Jkay + Domination)


Please Click "THANKS" If I Helped You.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce MJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Paras Lehana
Old
#4  
Paras Lehana's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Posts: 348
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Jammu
Quote:
Originally Posted by It_ler View Post
Why not just send it via message (GTalk, Skype, etc.) from your phone's account to another PC's account?
Long press the URL, mark everything and copy it to the clipboard.
Then open the message app you prefer and paste the URL into a message to "yourself".
Then switch to the message application on your PC and copy the URL into your preferred browser.

Not very "elegant", but this should work.
Well - clicked Thanks!

I know about that tricks. I always send the link to an online friend on FB.
I was just asking if there is an app - so that I can just type something like 192.168.bla bla on my pc browser.
 
Paras Lehana
Old
#5  
Paras Lehana's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 142
Posts: 348
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Jammu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce MJ View Post
I use "pocket" on phone n pc. Give it a try, it's free in play store.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
Great! That's the answer I needed.
 
kilometers4
Old
#6  
kilometers4's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2901
Posts: 3,445
Join Date: Mar 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Imediashare apparently works great.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
 
Bruce MJ
Old
#7  
Bruce MJ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 89
Posts: 257
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paras Lehana View Post
Great! That's the answer I needed.
Glad I could help.

Galaxy Note II : (monxDIFIED) - (PhilZ Touch) - (Simplistic Framework) - (64GB Class10 SanDisk Ultra)
HP Touchpad : (32GB) - (CM 11 Latest Nightly)
Galaxy Camera : (WiFi only) - (32GB Samsung UHS-1 Class 10)

Coming from: Galaxy SII (NeatRom) - (Jkay + Domination)


Please Click "THANKS" If I Helped You.
 
E_Goldstein
Old
#8  
E_Goldstein's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 116
Posts: 643
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 192.168.0.1
Erm isnt there a phone to chrome

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Galaxy Note 2 16gig
HTC Leo - 32gig micro sd
S/E X8i

The Following User Says Thank You to E_Goldstein For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
atifsh
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 348
Posts: 2,264
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Karachi
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Goldstein View Post
Erm isnt there a phone to chrome

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Yes there is, if he is using chrome browser on PC.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes