Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 49,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Audio Out Dock Problem

Tip us?

Tripledrop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Default Audio Out Dock Problem

Hi there,

I have CM7 installed, and I use an OEM car dock, but the audio out doesn't work from the dock. It just plays through the phone's speaker.

Also the Audio settings in the dock settings on the phone is greyed out.

I understand that this is a common issue with the SG2, and there is an app called Galaxy Sound Redirector that sorts this out, but it doesn't work with CM7.

Does anyone know of a kernel that works with CM7 and Sound Redirector? Or of any other way around this issue?

I don't need calls to work, just other phone audio (for the music in the car - I have BT for the calls)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've spent hours searching!!

Thx,

Trip

VAXXi
Old
Thanks Meter 177
I think you want to read this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1531483
How to ask questions the smart wayShortwave Radio schedules around the worldRomanian translator for Apex Launcher and SuperSU
GT-i9100 rev 1.5stock rooted 4.1.2 XWLS8stock kernelnew 16 GB class 10 Patriot µSDHC

Most people worrying excessively about battery life are the ones who seem to never leave their computer. -me.

Tripledrop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Thanks, seen that, but only lists 1 kernel and doesn't say whether compatible with cm7...?

ctomgee
Old
Thanks Meter 903
It also lists entire ROMs, one of which is CM7, which is listed as having support [N] None.

Tripledrop
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Yes you are right, as a standalone ROM it doesn't support it, but certain kernels do.. If you check the actual app, the developer even mentions it (I should have mentioned that!)