5,594,151 Members 47,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Australian AU Galaxy S II (help/rooting/updates,etc)

Tip us?

loopism
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by infra4800 View Post
interesting ...

correct me if I am wrong : I have vodafone galaxy s2 I9100T version ... and yesterday I moved to Optus... so the phone still has Vodafone Modem... but I am still getting H+

so from the above article & following article,

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/mobile_phone_frequencies

Telstra & Vodafone = 850mhz 3G network = I9100T version
& Optus = 900 mhz for 3G network = that means my I9100T version should not be working with Optus SIM and should not be showing H+ at all ?

OR maybe right now my phone is using 2100mhz Optus band ???

any thoughts?

also, is there any way to check what frequency the phone is working right now?

Yes, I am using Vodafone modem on Optus, works fine... No i haven't tried any other modem.... I was to, but seeing this, I do not see the hassle to try new modem....

p.s. see attachment

P.S. the phone says I9100 because I am using Chainfire's unsecured Kernal, as the phone is rooted, but if I put the original Vodafone ROM in it, it will show I9100T
These phones are quad-band, so they support all frequencies without an issue. The main thing to be careful of is when you flash a new modem. You need to use a "T" modem for best performance (or in some cases, any performance at all)

Changing the kernel shouldn't change the model number though, changing the modem will.
Personal Phone: HTC One
ROM: ARHD 31.5
Kernel: Stock

Work Phone: HTC Sensation
ROM: Revelation 1.0.3
Kernel: SebastianFM

Tablet: Nexus 7
ROM: CarbonRom
Kernel: LeanKernel

History: Ericsson GH688 -> Nokia 6610 -> Sony Ericsson K750i (with W800 software) -> Samsung Omnia i900 (many ROMs) -> HTC Desire A8183 (stock!) -> Samsung Galaxy SII (many ROMs)

K3lthuzad
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Does anyone know what the stock Telstra firmware is? I have the stock Telstra 2.3.3, but with a rooted kernel. Are there any flashable stock kernels? :S

I have the mic echo issue, and I'm planning on flashing everything back to stock, using the USB jig method to reset the flash counter, and get it fixed.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3017
Try this thread, tho the links may not work. If you're after the latest full firmware available for Tel$tra that you'd normally get via Kies, do a search on here for Checkfus. That will allow you to get said firmware. If you flash this latest firmware, factory reset it/make sure you leave nothing on the phone that could tip off whomever fixes it that you've rooted it & jig it (if the jig doesn't work, download the old bootloader from the thread I linked you to above & flash it in PDA of Odin & your jig should work), you should get warranty service (tho this is never a 100% guaranteed given).

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3lthuzad View Post
Does anyone know what the stock Telstra firmware is? I have the stock Telstra 2.3.3, but with a rooted kernel. Are there any flashable stock kernels? :S

I have the mic echo issue, and I'm planning on flashing everything back to stock, using the USB jig method to reset the flash counter, and get it fixed.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hedgepigdaniel
Old
Thanks Meter 13
hello all

I just got myself a galaxy s2 in Australia, I'm on TPG - looking forward to some hacking!

b_bhavu
Old
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
yes, you can select the frequencies by dialling *#2263#
go into wcdma all and see what frequencies you can get with that device, and you can force device to work on a particular frequency if you select from there.

Hit thanks if it is useful...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to b_bhavu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thefox100
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi all.
On Voda Au in Adelaide, T model running chainfire's KH1, DUKF4 on 2.3.3

PDA DUKH1, PHONE DUKF4 and CSC VAUKG2

So, are we generally agreed that the new DUKJ1 modem is the best to use now? I'm also tempted to flash on the whole KJ1 firmware (2.3.5 yes?) instead of just the modem. BUT, can anyone outline the general differences between 2.3.3 and 2.3.5. ie what's lost and what's added, performance differences, aussie navigation, appearence etc.... I'm ok with stock as I root and un bloat it all, and really have no probs with what I have - it all seems to work ok. Just wondering if it's worth the upgrade (apart from the modem).

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3017
Yeah a few people in this thread have had a good experience with KJ1 modem on Voda. Can't speak to the entire firmware personally as I haven't run stock firmware since I first got my phone.

I can't imagine there'd be any "gamechangers" in the KJ1 firmware compared to KF4. I guess there'd be improvements "under the hood" tho. I guess you could make a Nandroid of your current setup, download KJ1 with Checkfus & try it for a bit. Easy to go back to what you had previously that way (CFRoot the phone if you find you don't like it, restore your Nandroid).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox100 View Post
Hi all.
On Voda Au in Adelaide, T model running chainfire's KH1, DUKF4 on 2.3.3

PDA DUKH1, PHONE DUKF4 and CSC VAUKG2

So, are we generally agreed that the new DUKJ1 modem is the best to use now? I'm also tempted to flash on the whole KJ1 firmware (2.3.5 yes?) instead of just the modem. BUT, can anyone outline the general differences between 2.3.3 and 2.3.5. ie what's lost and what's added, performance differences, aussie navigation, appearence etc.... I'm ok with stock as I root and un bloat it all, and really have no probs with what I have - it all seems to work ok. Just wondering if it's worth the upgrade (apart from the modem).
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

Bachudo
Old
(Last edited by Bachudo; 11th February 2012 at 04:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=hedgepigdaniel;22336341]hello all

Br'o,,,

There's no hacking, just pure tuning... :-p with side effect of voiding warranty... :D

Have a look around on XDA, read a lot from experienced blokes and chose some stable ROM for begining.. I started with Liteni'n ROM(really easy to flash for first time users but dev stopped workin on this ROM a whille ago, so there is no support if its not workin for ya) 6.1 + added setCPU and Juice deffender for better batery life and couldn't complaint about it. Got about 2.5 days with normal use... But there are heaps roms out there which are even more stable now..

I've just flashed ICS and had a one week hustle with lots of nights full of anxiety to find right rom with a right modem.. Now just fix a couple little things and I'll be laughing again.. Its a real chemistry to make it workin and aparently all Tmodels are not the same... :)

Good luck and don't give up!!!
Ps. Factory JIG is a really helpfull and not that expensive thing..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

thefox100
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Yeah a few people in this thread have had a good experience with KJ1 modem on Voda. Can't speak to the entire firmware personally as I haven't run stock firmware since I first got my phone.

I can't imagine there'd be any "gamechangers" in the KJ1 firmware compared to KF4. I guess there'd be improvements "under the hood" tho. I guess you could make a Nandroid of your current setup, download KJ1 with Checkfus & try it for a bit. Easy to go back to what you had previously that way (CFRoot the phone if you find you don't like it, restore your Nandroid).
ok, cheers for your reply - think I'm just going to flash the modem first until I can find more comparisons. BUT, all the usual links are down now so anywhere I can download the DUKJ1 modem?

MistahBungle
Old
(Last edited by MistahBungle; 27th July 2012 at 12:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3017
Yeah you're right. A lot of the links seem to be cactus, I'm sure you'd find a link that works somewhere on here if you searched for a week or so...

Anywho, I've attached a copy from my collection. Flash it in CWRecovery & test it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox100 View Post
ok, cheers for your reply - think I'm just going to flash the modem first until I can find more comparisons. BUT, all the usual links are down now so anywhere I can download the DUKJ1 modem?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]