5,598,938 Members 31,136 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Australian AU Galaxy S II (help/rooting/updates,etc)

Tip us?

bunnybash
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Cracker View Post
+1 to this as well.

The CWM Recovery is a tinkerer's best friend

Once you have CWM Recovery, all you'd need to do is download a .zip flashable file that can be used in Recovery and install in CWM Recovery. I can install a new ROM inside 2 minutes using this method :P
Don't forget that CWM also contains the REAL best friend of a tinkerer... Nandroid!!!! :P It is a life saver...

HowlingWolf72
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default DUKF4 modem

Me again

Ive just installed litening rom on my s2 and I was thinking on flashing my modem with DUKF4 (as its branded the best for vodafone network), can someone tell me how can I flash it on my phone as the file extension is .exe?

Thx again cheers

furyau
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlingWolf72 View Post
Me again

Ive just installed litening rom on my s2 and I was thinking on flashing my modem with DUKF4 (as its branded the best for vodafone network), can someone tell me how can I flash it on my phone as the file extension is .exe?

Thx again cheers
Run the exe and the modem.bin will be extracted. Then flash it.
The Following User Says Thank You to furyau For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HowlingWolf72
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by furyau View Post
Run the exe and the modem.bin will be extracted. Then flash it.
odin - pda?

akira888
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
odin - pda?
Odin-PHONE.

I just flashed too.
The Following User Says Thank You to akira888 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NRGman
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
odin - pda?
odin - 'Phone'
Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Rom: CyanogenMod 7.1
Modem: I9100TDUKF4
The Following User Says Thank You to NRGman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

unrealtb
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderb0y View Post
Hi all

Just got my my new Galaxy S2 from Virgin mobile on a $49 'fair go' plan. It's something like $400 per month and 2G data. Pretty disappointed to go to per minute billing as my old plan was still on 40c per 30 seconds charged in 30 second blocks which was pretty sweet.

First thing I did after unboxing was to crowbar the back off with a pair of scissors under the notch thing. Of course the scissors went sliding over the back of the phone narrowly missing the camera lense and putting a nice scratch on the flash and surrounding border. Good start so far... They also sent me two phones instead of one by mistake!

Upgraded from an iPhone 3GS and finding the stock UI on the S2 extremely lame and not user friendly in any way. Maybe I'm too used to the simplicity of the iPhone, but I think I need a better UI.

A friend recommended getting a new UI, pointing me to this nice looking UI

I've read some randomish threads with help from google, watched some youtube vids etc. Friend linked me to z4root, and I found this 'SuperOneClick' thread, however people seem to be having issues with it lately.

If someone could provide some up-to-date intel on a currently working root method for this phone, would appreciate a link.

Thanks!

Phone specs:
GT-I9100
Android 2.3.3
Baseband I9100XXKE7
Build: GINGERBREAD.XWKF3
Go miui if u want a apple appearance... Or you could just buy an apple.
Sent from my GT-I9220 using Tapatalk

bunnybash
Old
(Last edited by bunnybash; 25th October 2011 at 01:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 160
so the rom i want to use doesn't have the samsung/vlingo "voice stuff" included, anyone know where I can download it from and install it??

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm98 View Post
Using Telstra? enable HD Voice (wide band amr)
dial *#197328640# (optional * at the end)
go into menu 5 audio
menu 7 wb-amr settings
then 1 to enable the wb-amr on your phone
telstra hd voice is wb-amr and will be annouced as working on the sgs2 when it's released on the 26th!
I tried to go into this menu and it said something like "CAUTION: Menu is being blocked" I turned on the HD audio a bunch of flashes ago... not sure if it's still on... Anyone know why this might not be working? Or I am being locked out of the setting?

Have I lost root? How do I check?

Wonderb0y
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver2233 View Post
it would be best to download one of the latest stock firmwares first (can be found in the general section I believe). Once updated (or if not), head over to the cfroot thread, also in general. You'll have to find the kernel for your firmware (current would be KE7, but will obviously change if you update the firmware). Then just flash using the program Odin on your computer...pretty simple, should be guides in both of the threads...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Is there a particular firmware you would recommend, or one I should avoid?

Thanks

beaver2233
Old
Thanks Meter 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderb0y View Post
Is there a particular firmware you would recommend, or one I should avoid?

Thanks
XXKI4 seems to be the best so far (note the XX not XW). If you want to remain on stock, that firmware is fine and with the addition of cfeoot you'll be rooted. Read on if you would like to use custom roms...

Or alternatively, if you want to move to custom roms) to save you the hassles with stock and root, you could look at downloading the Litening Rom (found in the development section). This involves one file flash (through odin), rooting your phone while also updating the firmware, and to I think, KG3 firmware (a little bit older than KI4). Then when you've flashed that you'll be rooted and can flash whatever custom rom you like.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk