5,595,918 Members 31,389 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery charging and stats issue

Tip us?

bidomo
Old
(Last edited by bidomo; 14th January 2014 at 02:18 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Battery charging and stats issue

Hey Everyone!

I have an S2 with some trouble...

The phone was not charging at all, kept discharging even when connected to power, so I suspected a Charging system failure...
I proceeded to get a new charging port, and the battery would charge up to 60% and give an error (Battery Disconnected), tried a couple of charging times, never got a good battery life, phone was shutting down unexpectedly...

So, it was time for a new battery, bought the battery like 3 days ago, inserted the battery, tried powering on the phone (hoping the battery would hold some power), it didn't power on at first, kept doing my stuff, and like 3 hours later, I connected the phone to the computer to get some power, and it was powered on already...

Now, the battery life is quite good compared to what I used to have with the other battery, but whenever I power off or restart, the phone will keep turned off... If I connect a charger, the phone will boot and tell the battery is 100% charged...

Now, If I shutdown, remove battery, put back on and turn on the phone, it will boot from time to time, getting a massive battery drain, powers off by itself, connecting the charger without power on, the phone will display a full battery...

Any help will be appreciated!

Kernel Siyah 3.0.31 s2 v6.05b+
Roshnaie Rom V4 LSW

PD: can I try ICS back in this device???
If I remember correctly, updating through kies would repartition the device, and I dont know if ICS would be compatible with that (used disaster Rom before on another i9100 i had), also, I ignore the method used to update

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3021
Yep, do a clean install of stock in the first instance & test. Are you sure you bought the exact same revision of USB board that was already in the phone ? Often problems that persist after replacing the USB board are caused by this. If you didn't, you probably want to buy another USB board & replace it again, but use the exact same revision that was in the phone initially. Check KeithRoss39's guide in General for the info you need.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!

bidomo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Yep, do a clean install of stock in the first instance & test. Are you sure you bought the exact same revision of USB board that was already in the phone ? Often problems that persist after replacing the USB board are caused by this. If you didn't, you probably want to buy another USB board & replace it again, but use the exact same revision that was in the phone initially. Check KeithRoss39's guide in General for the info you need.
K, will try a stock ICS, feel a lot more confortable with it for trying out the battery stats...

As for the USB board, originally had R2.2, only R2.3 is available everywhere I ever looked for it, will need to order from somewhere else, but the shipping will cost like 1500% more than the actual board, will keep digging around the junkyard

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3021
The difference in the board revision might well be causing your issues, but hopefully it's just something funky in the rom install you've currently got. If it's OK on stock, do a completely clean install of your custom rom & test that for a bit.

And if it's not OK with stock, you know what to do.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

thetitanium
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Cool Hi!

Have you checked your battery? Maybe your battery has some problems. Actually, one of my friends had the same problem..... He purchased a new battery and a new charger for his S2 and fortunately, his problem was gone!

Please thank me if i helped you!

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3021
'So, it was time for a new battery'

And so the 'nobody reads threads before posting on XDA' thing continues...

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1061
As @MistahBungle says.....get that board replaced for the correct version. I would personally avoid Odin flashing a phone that I knew to have the incorrect USB assembly. I'd also advise you to think long and hard before flashing stock ICS to your phone......if you want to know why.....do a search for "emmc brickbug".........

This might be my S2 or it might be my W, but it's definitely CM...