Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,942 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery hoggers: Gravity Screen, Lookout, Tasker?

Tip us?

MauFerrusca
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Battery Full [Q] Battery hoggers: Gravity Screen, Lookout, Tasker?

Hi all.

After a year with it, I finally decided to root my phone, and some of the most sought after funcionalities I wanted, I got with Tasker. I've read quite a lot about configuring profiles and tasks, but I haven't read about its monitoring process or if it is an energy drainer or not.

Also, Gravity Screen! Amazing app, but now my screen is on for a longer time. Never mind, I also use my phone longer, so it's expected.

And then, Lookout. And I've since programmed Tasker to shut down Lookout when I'm at home and load it when I'm not.

But something else I've noticed, besides from the battery drain which goes from 100% to 30% in 1.5hrs when only using Poweramp with the phone inside my pocket, is that the top right of the back of my phone (is that where the CPU is?) gets warm most of the time. Not hot, but warm. And I hadn't noticed that before.

My battery is not new, but this warm phone situation makes me wonder: what is causing this? Which app can I use to monitor battery use in real time? I am aware of Android's own but I would like to know if there is a recommended battery monitor for something like this.

Thanks!

MauFerrusca
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Right, the thing is that my phone's battery drains out in about 3-4hrs without heavy or even no use, so I'm tryng to narrow down which app is doing the energy drain and trying to determine if the warm part of my phone is due to excessive CPU processing or what.

I've uninstalled Tasker, Lookout and Gravity Screen and started testing on my own how fast battery drains, and apparently, all points to Tasker... or maybe I'm overloading my phone with instructions, so I'll also start small there, cause right now I have arount 8 profiles and different tasks.
Tags
battery analysis, energydrain, gravity screen, lookout, tasker