5,597,501 Members 31,315 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery lasts very short!

Tip us?

Fixoon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I have monitored my phone with BetterBatteryStats for a few days now and I have posted in their thread and some people there helped me to reduce battery use from 6.3%/h to 2.0%/h in idle (on 3g with fast dormancy disabled). I uninstalled some apps and disabled sync on some other.

I have a question about Spotify also, when I play music from Spotify it seems like it uses to much battery. I use watchdog and I get alerts sometimes that it uses 40%+ cpu, that doesn't seem right does it? And when I open CPU-Z it shows that cpu is at least 20%+ in use all the time with no other program running, that doesn't seem right either. Anyone have any ideas about this?

erdal67
Old
Thanks Meter 224
After uninstalling Google now my battery lasts a bit longer...

Sent from my Galaxy S²

PROUD TÜRK

MY ANDROID PHONES
HTC Wildfire *1st android but dead *
HTC Sensation Z710e *Selling*
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-i9100*current*

Running:
Ressurection Remix
By Westcrip
OR
AOSB(ProBam)
by Sooti/ProBam TEAM
OR
PACMAN ROM
by PAC TEAM

Dropbox unlimited storage hack

Dakura
Old
Thanks Meter 48
First of all, DON'T buy stuff before you try going to stock rom, you can get back anytime from your nandroid backup. Battery problems are very hard to track, someone already suggested betterbatterystats, try finding it yourself with that, and if you fail you can;
1- Wipe everything and run the phone with only betterbattery stats installed and see the problem,
2- Go to stock rom and see if your problem persists without any apps installed.
Edit: If your cpu is misbehaving (even in stock), there is nothing you can do since its a hardware problem, you need to go to service centre.
Phone: Nexus 5 16GB
Tablet: Nexus 7 32GB
Old Android Phones: Samsung Galaxy Mini, Samsung S2 I9100G