MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

Battery lasts very short!

27th January 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

26 posts
More
I have monitored my phone with BetterBatteryStats for a few days now and I have posted in their thread and some people there helped me to reduce battery use from 6.3%/h to 2.0%/h in idle (on 3g with fast dormancy disabled). I uninstalled some apps and disabled sync on some other.

I have a question about Spotify also, when I play music from Spotify it seems like it uses to much battery. I use watchdog and I get alerts sometimes that it uses 40%+ cpu, that doesn't seem right does it? And when I open CPU-Z it shows that cpu is at least 20%+ in use all the time with no other program running, that doesn't seem right either. Anyone have any ideas about this?
2nd February 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #12  
Flag Venlo
Thanks Meter: 253

1,048 posts
More
After uninstalling Google now my battery lasts a bit longer...

Sent from my Galaxy Sē
2nd February 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #13  
Flag Samsun
Thanks Meter: 48

239 posts
More
First of all, DON'T buy stuff before you try going to stock rom, you can get back anytime from your nandroid backup. Battery problems are very hard to track, someone already suggested betterbatterystats, try finding it yourself with that, and if you fail you can;
1- Wipe everything and run the phone with only betterbattery stats installed and see the problem,
2- Go to stock rom and see if your problem persists without any apps installed.
Edit: If your cpu is misbehaving (even in stock), there is nothing you can do since its a hardware problem, you need to go to service centre.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread