Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 49,748 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] About battery life

Tip us?

turando77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Full [Q] About battery life

Hi guys.

I'm using SGS2.Could you tell me which Rom or Kernel offers best battery life for this device? I installed tons of rom and i not sure about which is the best.I only asking for 2.5 or 3 hours screen time i newer saw that time on this device.Anyway im waiting for the answer and your notion. And finaly my english is not well i hope i can tell my problem,good days

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
There's no such thing. The two biggest factors which determine battery life are phone setup & usage. If you're not on top of those two things, makes no difference what kernel or rom you run (rom has almost nothing to do with it).

The only way to get great battery life is to tweak, test & experiment. There are 'shortcuts'; there is a multitude of threads on here with suggestions you can try & see how they work for you.

But there's no magic way to achieve great battery life.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

ronnie498
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2174
Mod Edit

"Best" or "Recommend" ROM/kernel threads are not allowed on XDA.
Please test these things for yourself.

This is the only way you will get an unbiased opinion, and then, you can decide for yourself if it meets YOUR needs.
Don't forget to make a nandroid before you start.

Thread Closed

ronnie498
Forum Moderator
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe