[Q] Bell GS2 won't switch to 3G or EDGE

OP rcfcyl

1st August 2011, 09:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

71 posts
More
I have a Bell branded and rooted Galaxy S2. I noticed that the phone will not switch away from H+ even when it has no bars. I have tried turning off HSDPA completely by using the *#301279# - Change HSPA revision method to no avail (it actually doesn't seem to do anything at all, the phone still shows H+). I thought that I might be able to get the phone to switch by setting it to only connect through GSM in the Network Settings, when I did this, the phone got 5 bars of connection but it would not make any calls and said I had an "Unrecognized SIM" and would only allow Emergency Calls. My question is this:

TLDR: is there any way to fix this issue and get my phone to switch to 3G or EDGE when a strong H+ connection is not available?
1st August 2011, 10:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 20

96 posts
More
Are you using a Bell SIM card? Bell doesn't have a GSM or EDGE network so it is probably connecting to the Rogers network. My Bell service has roamed on that network, but only when a Bell signal isn't available. If you're in an area where Bell has service, it probably won't let you roam, giving you the unrecognized SIM message.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread