Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 40,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best Official Firmware

Tip us?

ZaXpired
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Default [Q] Best Official Firmware

Hello all

I'm from Egypt .. and official firmware here still at 4.0.4 ICS ... So I have to install other official stock firmware ..
Can anyone provide me with the best stable one at all .. As you know there are many Versions out there ..
Maybe you see this topic as a silly one but I need to know
Thanks in advance.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
There isn't one. They're all essentially the same save for minor differences Samsung makes for different carriers (in particular the modem).

Where you see differences is moving from GB->>>ICS->>>JB, so, logic says JB firmwares are probably better so far as improvements to kernel, memory management, etc goes. Having said that, plenty of people have a preference for ICS & even GB stock roms.

So...The only way you're going to find out is to try some of each.

Edit - They're all 'stable'. Carriers wouldn't release them to their customers if they weren't.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ZaXpired
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
There isn't one. They're all essentially the same save for minor differences Samsung makes for different carriers (in particular the modem).

Where you see differences is moving from GB->>>ICS->>>JB, so, logic says JB firmwares are probably better so far as improvements to kernel, memory management, etc goes. Having said that, plenty of people have a preference for ICS & even GB stock roms.

So...The only way you're going to find out is to try some of each.

Edit - They're all 'stable'. Carriers wouldn't release them to their customers if they weren't.
Thanks for that
The Following User Says Thank You to ZaXpired For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
No probs
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]