Post Reply

[Q] Best stock GB ROM?

17th April 2012, 07:03 PM   |  #11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 904
 
3,572 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxxdevilxxx

one last question, when flashing a GB stock ROM which is not available in my country via KIES do i need to put the following in ODIN:

The .tar with modem in the name is the phone/baseband bit of the package
.tar with csc/multi-csc in the name is the csc bit of the package
.tar with code/PDA in the name is the PDA part of the firmware package
for that particular ROM? or is there something i shouldn't mess with?

You've for sure got an I9100, right?

USUALLY, full firmwares are all inclusive. So they will contain modem and CSC already. So you just put it into the PDA field in Odin and leave everything else alone.

You only put modem and CSC in if the package you put in PDA doesn't have them already, or you want to overwrite the ones that are already in a package.

Make sure you don't re-partition, or include a .PIT file unless you REALLY need to, the .PIT file is FOR SURE INTENDED FOR YOUR MODEL OF PHONE, and you know what you are doing. Flashing a .PIT file for a different model of phone will completely hard-brick your phone, and there won't be anything you can do to recover it yourself unless you get your own JTag box. Otherwise, it will have to go to Samsung or a service point that has JTag.
Last edited by ctomgee; 17th April 2012 at 07:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ctomgee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 07:08 PM   |  #12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaheedahmed

no need to worry, any FW package you download should contain these 3 files, to select from respective sections of the ODIN

or all these in a single TAR file to select from PDA.

I am upgrading with this FW, any other suggestions?

XWKK2

Firmware info
PDA:XWKK2
PHONE: XXKI4
Date: 11/11/2011
Android 2.3.6

XEN (Netherlands): Download

XSA (Australia): Download

LUX (Luxembourg): Download

TUR (Turkey): Download

XWKK2 Stock Kernel: Download
Password: intratech@XDA
17th April 2012, 07:16 PM   |  #13  
ZACQ8's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kuwait
Thanks Meter: 542
 
1,172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
if you select any of the CSC, you probebly get a single .7z file which can be extracted with winrar, then you will get a .md5 file, just select that one from PDA, as per the guide of the same thread....GOODLUCK

I have not tested this to comment, but used 2.3.6, its very stable...
there are firmwares released after this also..like XWLA2, LA4 etc...
Last edited by ZACQ8; 17th April 2012 at 07:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZACQ8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 07:34 PM   |  #14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctomgee

You've for sure got an I9100, right?

USUALLY, full firmwares are all inclusive. So they will contain modem and CSC already. So you just put it into the PDA field in Odin and leave everything else alone.

You only put modem and CSC in if the package you put in PDA doesn't have them already, or you want to overwrite the ones that are already in a package.

Make sure you don't re-partition, or include a .PIT file unless you REALLY need to, the .PIT file is FOR SURE INTENDED FOR YOUR MODEL OF PHONE, and you know what you are doing. Flashing a .PIT file for a different model of phone will completely hard-brick your phone, and there won't be anything you can do to recover it yourself unless you get your own JTag box. Otherwise, it will have to go to Samsung or a service point that has JTag.


Thanks bro... yeh i got I9100 for sure
17th April 2012, 07:46 PM   |  #15  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaheedahmed

if you select any of the CSC, you probebly get a single .7z file which can be extracted with winrar, then you will get a .md5 file, just select that one from PDA, as per the guide of the same thread....GOODLUCK

I have not tested this to comment, but used 2.3.6, its very stable...
there are firmwares released after this also..like XWLA2, LA4 etc...

Thanks for the info bro will update here about the status once i install it.... Gonna go for XWLA4 now
18th April 2012, 09:36 AM   |  #16  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
80 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxxdevilxxx

Thanks for the info bro will update here about the status once i install it.... Gonna go for XWLA4 now

Installed firmware XWLA4 it is working like a charm and it is much much better than any before. Before i had 2.3.3 and wen i upgraded to 2.3.5 from KIES i was disappointed by the lack of stability in 2.3.5, Now when i upgraded 2.3.6 it is far far better than any other stock GB available.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes