Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,262 Members 44,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] BLN(WW)

Tip us?

JcNeji
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default [Q] BLN(WW)

Hey guys, I have a problem with BLN and BLNWW

On my girlfriends phone (I also have a i9100) I cant get BLN nor BLNWW to work :s

She had 4.1.2 NeatROM installed and BLN worked just fine with Apolo 4.1 kernel. Yesterday I flashed 4.2.2 (first Rootbox, after BLN didnt work I flashed SlimSaber 4.2.2) and BLN wont work with notifications no matter what I do.

I did a FULL wipe at least 3 times with a wipe script + manually via CWM. I tried Apolo kernel and Gustava_s kernel but the backlights wont light up when I recieve a notification. They work just fine on touch. I also tried with the BLN app in Play store, but everything point to the fact that they BLN should work. (if i tick BLN in Apolo configurator and then click test, the BLN DO light up, but they dont with a notification)

Is there any way this problem is related to missing files or something because I went from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2? Anyone kno wa solution?

For all the thing I tried I doubt it is either ROM (I had slimsaber 4.2.2 and BLN worked just fine with Apolo) or kernel related.

JcNeji
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
bump

Pr0metheus2
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcNeji View Post
Hey guys, I have a problem with BLN and BLNWW

On my girlfriends phone (I also have a i9100) I cant get BLN nor BLNWW to work :s

She had 4.1.2 NeatROM installed and BLN worked just fine with Apolo 4.1 kernel. Yesterday I flashed 4.2.2 (first Rootbox, after BLN didnt work I flashed SlimSaber 4.2.2) and BLN wont work with notifications no matter what I do.

I did a FULL wipe at least 3 times with a wipe script + manually via CWM. I tried Apolo kernel and Gustava_s kernel but the backlights wont light up when I recieve a notification. They work just fine on touch. I also tried with the BLN app in Play store, but everything point to the fact that they BLN should work. (if i tick BLN in Apolo configurator and then click test, the BLN DO light up, but they dont with a notification)

Is there any way this problem is related to missing files or something because I went from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2? Anyone kno wa solution?

For all the thing I tried I doubt it is either ROM (I had slimsaber 4.2.2 and BLN worked just fine with Apolo) or kernel related.
Did you turn on BLN inside STweaks app?

JcNeji
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0metheus2 View Post
Did you turn on BLN inside STweaks app?
Of course I did. Activated BLN in stweaks with gustavo_s kernel and in apolo confogurator for apolo kernel

Pr0metheus2
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I am using SlimKat 4.4.2 and gustavo_s kernel, BLN works. Haven't been using 4.2.2, sorry.

JcNeji
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
anyone?

Pr0metheus2
Old
(Last edited by Pr0metheus2; 25th April 2014 at 09:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
You don't want to switch to 4.4.2? Life would be much easier then.

JcNeji
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
You don't want to switch to 4.4.2? Life would be much easier then.
Just tried 2 different KK roms (AICP and SOKP) and both still have the same problem. I even tried to root from scratch but still no avail

i REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND!!

Pr0metheus2
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This setting works for me.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-26-00-26-06.png
Views:	9
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	2708841
The Following User Says Thank You to Pr0metheus2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JcNeji
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
This setting works for me.
Attachment 2708841
Thanks for your help man, but I solved in another way

I did a nandroid on my own S2, copied that over to my gf S2 and restored (BLN suddenly worked). After that I did a factory reset in the settings menu and it continued working

No idea what the problem was though