OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithross39

My money's still on the usb board.....
Check the OP in this thread......
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2335961
.....paying PARTICULAR attention to the part covering 'rev' versions.......

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

I read carefully the OP and the replacement that i bought is the same 'rev' version with my old one.So is possible that the new usb board is faulty too ?
Is it possible to be something wrong with the internal SD ?
I want to mention that i have used a PIT file posted by @metalgearhathaway to increase data partition but the procedure was successful...
The only reason that i mention it is because then i had the faulty usb board and i used ODIN for the procedure but it passed all stages succesfully.
Last edited by dadmcleader; 26th August 2014 at 12:02 AM.
26th August 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #12  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 1,210

1,997 posts
More
Mate.....remapping the partitions with a pit file is a pretty major thing to forget to mention.....
It's pretty advanced and/or risky to start messing with pit files.....it's also something i've never done, so i'm unsure of the consequences.......apart from the obvious 'permabrick' risk.
I don't even know how you'd revert to the factory set partitions if you needed to.....though i'd guess it'd involve flashing another pit file. All the issues you've previously mentioned (apart from the battery) *could* have been caused by the pit file and that being the case, you're lucky it wasn't a whole lot worse. As for the battery, that could simply be the fact that batteries do fail, and if yours is the original, this is probably the case given the age of the phone and the fact that Samsung only offers a 6 month warranty on the battery anyway.......
Sorry fella, but as there's a pit file flash involved, you've moved into territory that I can no longer advise on........

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by keithross39; 26th August 2014 at 01:10 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread