Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] can't boot stuck at the first screen

Tip us?

RaW D Coy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Exclamation [Q] can't boot stuck at the first screen

im stuck at the first screen (the one where it says the model number) and it just stays there. it worked i booted up directly after the flash of the newest cm11 but then i restarted to reset data but it got stuck and i can't get anywhere. i flashed the newest cwm too...

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
If you have no recovery or a factory reset doesn't work, you only have one option - back to stock via Odin to get a clean slate (How ? Thread stickied near top of Q&Q has instructions). If you have problems with the flash, Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General has all the info you need to get a successful flash.

Once you've done that, have another go at what you were trying to do. Nobody here can tell you exactly what went wrong because we're weren't there looking over your shoulder at what you were doing; but it's probably something small/obvious you did/didn't do - go back over the process carefully next time you try it.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?