[Q] Is This Brick?

Search This thread

ekofirdaus

Nov 27, 2012
Sir, pls help me
i was using cm11 snapshot when this happened
i wiped data/factory reset my phone because i want to change to other rom
but after i wiped data i forgot to install new rom and i clicked reboot system now
after that my phone only show galaxy s2 text then goes blank then galaxy s2 text and repeatedly
i cant enter recovery mode, odin didnt recognize my phone because i didnt tick debugging mode because i cant see debugging mode after i updated to cm11 and i cant even do a hard reset through physical key
pls help me.. am i doing wrong?
i tried odin in windows 8

help me guys T_T :(

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
You don't need to have USB debugging on to flash with Odin; Odin operates at a 'lower level' than that.

Find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General & go through the troubleshooting steps methodically/as many times as you need to in order to get a successful flash.

Reactions: ekofirdaus

ekofirdaus

Nov 27, 2012
You don't need to have USB debugging on to flash with Odin; Odin operates at a 'lower level' than that.

Find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General & go through the troubleshooting steps methodically/as many times as you need to in order to get a successful flash.

i tried and once detected, i try to flash but failed
it says "Can't open the serial(COM) port."
any idea sir?

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Go through all the troubleshooting steps in that thread one by one; if you do this, you will solve whatever is stopping your phone & PC from recognising each other.

Edit - Only hint I'm giving you (because the whole purpose of having a thread like that is so people like me don't have to go through this stuff over & over with people for the 8,963rd time over the past 2.5 yrs) - in your case; start with different USB cables (particularly the one that came with the phone/original Samsung cables) & different USB ports on the PC (no hubs - use mainboard ports only). These are for starters. If they don't work then you go through everything else in the thread one by one.

Right. No more hints, everything you need to fix your phone is in that thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hopper8

ekofirdaus

Nov 27, 2012
Go through all the troubleshooting steps in that thread one by one; if you do this, you will solve whatever is stopping your phone & PC from recognising each other.

Edit - Only hint I'm giving you (because the whole purpose of having a thread like that is so people like me don't have to go through this stuff over & over with people for the 8,963rd time over the past 2.5 yrs) - in your case; start with different USB cables (particularly the one that came with the phone/original Samsung cables) & different USB ports on the PC (no hubs - use mainboard ports only). These are for starters. If they don't work then you go through everything else in the thread one by one.

tried everything and no luck
is it possible that my phone has mini-usb port error?
because it takes about 2 seconds delay to respong carghing when i plug it in

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
It's possible, yes. Only way you're going to know if this is the case/not is by replacing it (the entire board, not just the port itself) though. It's certainly quick/cheap to do yourself, so you don't have a great deal to lose by replacing it (apart from ~US$10) & seeing if this fixes the issue. Search for KeithRoss39's guide in General (search specifically for 'replacing USB charger board'), has all the info you need to help you get this done.

ekofirdaus

Nov 27, 2012
It's possible, yes. Only way you're going to know if this is the case/not is by replacing it (the entire board, not just the port itself) though. It's certainly quick/cheap to do yourself, so you don't have a great deal to lose by replacing it (apart from ~US$10) & seeing if this fixes the issue. Search for KeithRoss39's guide in General (search specifically for 'replacing USB charger board'), has all the info you need to help you get this done.

sent my phone to service already because i just newbie who only know about flashing-recovery-download mode, didnt know about hardware at all
anyway, thanks for helping me :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.