Bricked s2 and cant install samsung usb modem driver

OP Slayer080

11th May 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Ok so I bought a second hand s2 on a stock firmware then I flashed it with cyanogenmod 9. I then bought a mhl to HDMI cable and upon further info found out that cyanogenmod don't support mhl and apparently I needed a touchwiz rom, so I flashed a rom called chameleon and Viola my cable worked. I then looked into the multiwindow feature and decided to move to a rom with mhl and multiwindow support so I chose a rom called alliance rom. Everything seemed fine and then my data wasn't working for some reason, so I contacted my carrier (giffgaff) and they said they have blocked my data as the IMIE I have has been used before on multiple accounts for data abuse, I explained I have not done this but they said they would not remove the bar. I thought something was odd about this and upon further inspection I realised since I flashed my s2 my IMIE has changed to a weird 0049 number, I looked this up on Google and it says that this IMIE is a generic one and is caused by flashing sometimes. A lot of property seemed to have the same problem. As a solution to try and get my normal IMIE back I tried flashing back to a stock rom via recovery which has ended up bricking my s2 and I can't access recovery, only download mode. As this was the case I thought I'm gonna have to use Odin on the laptop to install stock rom but now I'm faced with a new problem. My PC wont install the Samsung USB modem, I have tried installing kies mini, installing the Samsung device drivers, installing pdanet al just to get the Samsung USB modem to install but it just doesn't. I've spent all day installing, rebooting, uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling to no avail. So now I'm stuck with a laptop that can't read my s2 and forced to use my Samsung mini for internet and Downloading on a data plan (lucky its unilimited). Can anyone help me. Thanx in advance.
12th May 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3,206

7,088 posts
Honestly, to get this done as easily as possible, try another PC (and use paragraphs; attempting to read what you've posted was nightmarish & I almost didn't bother).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread