Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,209 Members 43,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked s2 what to do?

Tip us?
 
DeusExLamda
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default Bricked s2 what to do?

I don't know whether is this a correct forum to post this so please bear with me

I did not root my phone.

My samsung galaxy sIIG was unable to turn on whether on download mode, flash mode or normal mode

so I guess it was a hard brick

connecting it to my pc doesnt work, my pc can't detect it as well

Is there anything I can do to save it? If not, is there any way to extract the internal memory by myself without sending it to samsung service center?
 
rrgrrg
Old
#2  
rrgrrg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3,615
Posts: 2,219
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Alexandria
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExLamda View Post
I don't know whether is this a correct forum to post this so please bear with me

I did not root my phone.

My samsung galaxy sIIG was unable to turn on whether on download mode, flash mode or normal mode

so I guess it was a hard brick

connecting it to my pc doesnt work, my pc can't detect it as well

Is there anything I can do to save it? If not, is there any way to extract the internal memory by myself without sending it to samsung service center?
try using a usb jig .. google how u can make it or simply buy one
My Projects:
Current Device:
Quote:
Phone: GT-i9192 Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Dual SIM
ROM: WizzedKAT 3.0 Beta - 4.4.2 MODEM: I9192XXUCNG2
Kernel: Silviu-stock Patched Kernel
Recovery: TWRP - Stable
Always press if u liked my work
VISIT MY WORDPRESS FOR MORE GUIDES !!
 
MistahBungle
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3,206
Posts: 7,088
Join Date: Nov 2011
Jig highly unlikely to work (1/10,000 chance, and I'm being generous), but try one as you have nothing to lose.

You won't be extracting data from the device, nor will a Samsung service centre or mobile repair shop. The only very very slim chance of getting data off the device would be a company that does data recovery from dead HDD's, but that's the same chance as the jig working - in 2.5 yrs here I've never seen anyone post & say they've had this done. And even if it is possible, expect it to be very expensive (as much as the phone costs).

If you didn't back your data up, it's gone.

If you intend to keep the phone, the fix is motherboard replacement.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
 
DeusExLamda
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post

If you intend to keep the phone, the fix is motherboard replacement.
Well thanks for the answer, its kinda disheartening to be honest... After motherboard replacement is everything would be in factory settings? meaning i couldnt retrieve the data i've lost as well?
 
MistahBungle
Old
(Last edited by MistahBungle; 10th June 2014 at 02:24 PM.)
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3,206
Posts: 7,088
Join Date: Nov 2011
Motherboard replacement = exactly that - a new (or 2nd hand) motherboard with a different EMMC on it.

'Factory settings' ? If you have a Samsung service centre put a new motherboard in, I presume they'll put the latest firmware they have on the device as well. If you source a 2nd hand board (or have a local mobile repair shop source one for you) & pay a local mobile repair shop to swap the boards, you could either tell them not to put firmware on it & do it with Odin yourself once it's been repaired, or they may put whatever the latest firmware is on same as a Samsung service centre.

Either way, data is gone.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
 
DeusExLamda
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Motherboard replacement = exactly that - a new (or 2nd hand) motherboard with a different EMMC on it.

'Factory settings' ? If you have a Samsung service centre put a new motherboard in, I presume they'll put the latest firmware they have on the device as well. If you source a 2nd hand board (or have a local mobile repair shop source one for you) & pay a local mobile repair shop to swap the boards, you could either tell them not to put firmware on it & do it with Odin yourself once it's been repaired, or they may put whatever the latest firmware is on same as a Samsung service centre.

Either way, data is gone.
Thanks for the advices..
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Discover and Sample the Latest Billboard Music Hits with Billy

Music is a passion that transcends age, gender, race, culture, and geographic … more

Speed Up Jenkins Configuration Process with TSJ

When you are theleader of a largedevelopment project, Gerrit isn’t the only tool that … more

AutoData Regulates Your Connectivity to Save Battery Life

It’s absolutely no secret that battery life is somewhat of anundoingformany … more

Tale of the Great Recoveries

About a week ago, our fantastic writer and my esteemed colleague Tom embarked on a mission to learnthe vast and … more