FORUMS

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

[Q] Broken screen and dead touch

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 10
 
By amiroslo, Member on 13th March 2014, 05:35 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Ok, so basically. My Galaxy S2 fell and the screen broke. The touch doesnt work anymore and the screen is just black.
My phone is rooted, but I have lock screen with password on it. I have files images etc and I need to pull them out. Is there anyway I can do that via my pc? All help appreciated
Last edited by amiroslo; 13th March 2014 at 06:31 PM.
 
 
14th March 2014, 09:37 PM |#2  
FPSUsername's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maarssen
Thanks Meter: 390
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiroslo

Ok, so basically. My Galaxy S2 fell and the screen broke. The touch doesnt work anymore and the screen is just black.
My phone is rooted, but I have lock screen with password on it. I have files images etc and I need to pull them out. Is there anyway I can do that via my pc? All help appreciated

you can do a factory reset. It will only delete your data and cache, but not your images you have on your internal memory. (It keeps your app data, but the rom is 100% clean)
14th March 2014, 09:42 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
If you have a kernel like DorimanX, you can boot into recovery and connect your phone. It'll show up as SD cards and you can copy files from it.
16th March 2014, 02:06 PM |#4  
amiroslo's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekBlood

you can do a factory reset. It will only delete your data and cache, but not your images you have on your internal memory. (It keeps your app data, but the rom is 100% clean)

I cant see anything of the screen, how would I do that?


@up
I cant seem to get into recovery mode


Guys, I can see the folder when I connect the USB, but its empty cuz there is a lock. I dont have a samsung account either. Any clue?
16th March 2014, 02:09 PM |#5  
FPSUsername's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maarssen
Thanks Meter: 390
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiroslo

I cant see anything of the screen, how would I do that?


@up
I cant seem to get into recovery mode


Guys, I can see the folder when I connect the USB, but its empty cuz there is a lock. I dont have a samsung account either. Any clue?

Try to do your pin/password/pattern and unlock it (if your touchscreen works it should be possible)
29th April 2014, 01:20 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Same problem :/
I've got the same problem, anyone come up with a fix?
29th April 2014, 02:21 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
The fix!
Okay, so I found a fix, I used Droid@Screen (droid-at- screen.ribomation.com/) to get a connection going between my phone and my computer.
Then I used android screencast (code.google .com/p/androidscreencast/) to open up the file tree, and downloaded the files I needed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes