Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,117 Members 47,187 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Broken screen and dead touch

Tip us?

amiroslo
Old
(Last edited by amiroslo; 13th March 2014 at 06:31 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Broken screen and dead touch

Ok, so basically. My Galaxy S2 fell and the screen broke. The touch doesnt work anymore and the screen is just black.
My phone is rooted, but I have lock screen with password on it. I have files images etc and I need to pull them out. Is there anyway I can do that via my pc? All help appreciated

GreekBlood
Old
Thanks Meter 272

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiroslo View Post
Ok, so basically. My Galaxy S2 fell and the screen broke. The touch doesnt work anymore and the screen is just black.
My phone is rooted, but I have lock screen with password on it. I have files images etc and I need to pull them out. Is there anyway I can do that via my pc? All help appreciated
you can do a factory reset. It will only delete your data and cache, but not your images you have on your internal memory. (It keeps your app data, but the rom is 100% clean)

AshishSoni
Old
Thanks Meter 1
If you have a kernel like DorimanX, you can boot into recovery and connect your phone. It'll show up as SD cards and you can copy files from it.

amiroslo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekBlood View Post
you can do a factory reset. It will only delete your data and cache, but not your images you have on your internal memory. (It keeps your app data, but the rom is 100% clean)
I cant see anything of the screen, how would I do that?

@up
I cant seem to get into recovery mode

Guys, I can see the folder when I connect the USB, but its empty cuz there is a lock. I dont have a samsung account either. Any clue?

GreekBlood
Old
Thanks Meter 272

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by amiroslo View Post
I cant see anything of the screen, how would I do that?

@up
I cant seem to get into recovery mode

Guys, I can see the folder when I connect the USB, but its empty cuz there is a lock. I dont have a samsung account either. Any clue?
Try to do your pin/password/pattern and unlock it (if your touchscreen works it should be possible)

quaisaq
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same problem :/

I've got the same problem, anyone come up with a fix?

quaisaq
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default The fix!

Okay, so I found a fix, I used Droid@Screen (droid-at- screen.ribomation.com/) to get a connection going between my phone and my computer.
Then I used android screencast (code.google .com/p/androidscreencast/) to open up the file tree, and downloaded the files I needed