4th July 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 13

59 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi,
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100G version) with a broken screen. The display is blank and shows nothing, but I know the phone is working properly because of the sounds played (boot sound and notifications).
I have come through this tool: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2786395 , but there is only one problem. USB Debugging is not enabled. The phone is not rooted, and is fully on stock (ROM and Recovery). All I want is to only enable USB Debugging, and I can use ADB to do everything else. I tried to boot it into recovery to see if that gives me ADB access, but it boots normally. I tried to boot it to Download mode to flash CWM through odin, but I can't see anything and it still boots normally. I pulled the settings.db file from another S2 with the USB Debugging enabled, but I need ADB to push it to the broken phone. I read the solution in the link above, but I don't know how to sideload or how to edit a kernel or anything like that. I have access to another S2 (same version), rooted, and with a custom recovery (CWM) if that will help in pulling a file or anything. I read so many threads, but none of them had the exact problem, or worked when trying to do what they said. What I can do now to enable USB Debugging?
Please help. Thanks in Advance

EDIT: I was able to go to recovery mode and ADB Shell, but I cannot get root permission at all to edit build.prop or even settings.db
Last edited by AAbounegm; 4th July 2014 at 04:08 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
broken screen, sii, stock, usb debugging
Previous Thread Next Thread