Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 51,681 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Buying from Phones4u unlocked?

Tip us?

Techno79
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah_wong View Post
I'm glad you have video evidence of your experience...I had the same experience as you in every Phones4U I went to on Thursday and they refused to sell the phone on anything other than on a contract.

I was going to write something to their head office about my recent experience and possibly report my incidence to the Office Of Fair Trading for false advertising...since they advertise the price for both Sim Free and PAYG in their shop and they clearly have stock instore.

I'm actually happy that I didn't get the phone on that day because it is actually cheaper at other shops like O2.
You could also report to BBC watchdog.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

NeoVR
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by risq View Post
Well here's something very interesting...

Just for the sake of it, I went into my local Phones4u stores today ( I was on the high street anyway, looking for some bits to go in my studio) and NOT one would sell me the Galaxy S II ( I'm gonna wait for the CPW potential deal anyway, but thought I'd try my luck and would of brought it today if I could)

Conversation went something like this...

ME: Hi, Do you have the Galaxy S II in stock.

P4U REP:Yeh, we've got quite a few.

ME:How many have you got?

P4U REP:At least 7-8 in the stockroom, as we got a delivery today.

ME:eek:h right! Great, Well I'd like to buy one SIM free please.

P4U REP:I'm afraid I can't sell it to you, contract only.

ME: (Points to advert) - It says I can have it on SIM free there for 529.99?

P4U REP:We don't have enough stock to sell on SIM-FREE.

ME:eek:h, that's interesting. You have more stock than the fareham store had to sell to start with, and the southampton store - yet they have sold it SIM FREE, but they're now out of stock, so I've come here.

P4U REP:It's company Policy. I'm not allowed.

ME:The Advert doesn't say anywhere, that I can buy it subject to contract stock does it? Also, that doesn't explain to me while other stores up and down the country are selling it SIM FREE?

After that, the guy just got rude. I tried it in 3 different shops, and filmed it to boot ( Left my camera on, which is attach to my bike helmet). Obviously in text form, it may look like I was rude (no tone) but I was far from it. Add to it all the employee's in 2 out of the 3 shops had a S II of their own!! - Dodgy stuff.

I'm going to fire off an email to Head Office and Samsung directly, to see what they think about this.

I'll also drop in a nice line about false advertising, and the fact I had 529.99 in my hand CASH wasn't enough - it's all about comission - not the customer...

I'll be interested to see what I'll hear back.

anyone else had similar experiences?
Yep I had the exact same thing in manchester..3 stores with the same thing. It took me storming out of the shop to get collared by the manager who then agreed to sell one sim free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tmj12
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I had the same issue as well. I rang them up twice before I went down to the shop. They confirmed on the phone they had them in stock but when I got there, they refused to sell to me SIM free and gave me all sorts of excuse that they wouldn't be able to sell without contract. Unbelievably, they even told me to go & get it from others if I wanted a SIM free.

I then told the staff off as they completely wasted my time of travelling all the way into the town for all the excitement of hoping to pick one up. P4U staff haven't got a clue what's customer service and they're not properly trained as they all seem dodgy who would tell you any bull****.

As pointed out by other posters, they shouldn't be allowed to advertise and then fail to honour the sale even though they clearly have stocks. I hope the person who has got this down on a video report it to Advertising Standard Authority so that such thing is not happened again in the future.

All is not lost though as I've now found out that with O2 it is considerably cheaper - 130 saving. I won't be dealing with P4U again.