5,596,179 Members 34,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] bvke2 original kernel

Tip us?

chrismroyle
Old
(Last edited by chrismroyle; 7th December 2013 at 10:24 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] bvke2 original kernel

Does anybody have a link to secure ans insecure I9100 BVKE2 kernel. I have tried lots of google links but they have all been removed or lead you to spam pages like Ilivid. any help greatly appreciated. Or is there an original kernel I can use that will allow me to use Kias to update from 2.3.3? Sorry for the stupid question, I am ready and waiting for the sarky answers but all genuine answers are very welcome.

immortalneo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1560
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismroyle View Post
Does anybody have a link to secure ans insecure I9100 BVKE2 kernel. I have tried lots of google links but they have all been removed or lead you to spam pages like Ilivid. any help greatly appreciated. Or is there an original kernel I can use that will allow me to use Kias to update from 2.3.3? Sorry for the stupid question, I am ready and waiting for the sarky answers but all genuine answers are very welcome.
What are you actually trying to do mate? Do you want to upgrade to a newer firmware using Kies?

Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 | ROM: Omega v23 - XWLSN - 4.1.2 | Theme: Crussader's JB Reloaded v1.07 | Kernel: PhilZ v4.93.6 | Baseband: I9100DDLS9
Life's kinda busy. So you won't be seeing much of me. Still I'm available via PM.

chrismroyle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalneo View Post
What are you actually trying to do mate? Do you want to upgrade to a newer firmware using Kies?
Yes I got this phone off someone as my S3 is broken and it has been rooted with the unstable kernel. it won't let me put a custom recovery on it, it comes up with can't access to "sysytem/csc/ora/system" which leads me to believe there is an issue and with my very very novice knowledge have decided t unroot and go back to standard to upgrade from Gingerbread.

immortalneo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1560
All you need to do is download the preferred firmware from sammobile.com, androidfirmwares.net or samsung-updates.net, and flash it via odin.

"To err is human, to forgive is divine."
Sent from my SGS II

Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 | ROM: Omega v23 - XWLSN - 4.1.2 | Theme: Crussader's JB Reloaded v1.07 | Kernel: PhilZ v4.93.6 | Baseband: I9100DDLS9
Life's kinda busy. So you won't be seeing much of me. Still I'm available via PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to immortalneo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]