5,594,151 Members 47,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] No call waiting alert on bluetooth

Tip us?

sundeepnanda
Old
(Last edited by sundeepnanda; 19th December 2013 at 10:33 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] No call waiting alert on bluetooth

I am facing a strange problem that I don't get call waiting alert while using blue tooth. I can clearly hear notification otherwise but it goes away on bluetooth device. Tried on two different bluetooth units. This problem occurs on 4.2.2 Rom's .All the rest of sounds like music and sms notifications are fine There is no such issue on 4.1.2. Please help

rhelering
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundeepnanda View Post
I am facing a strange problem that I don't get call waiting alert while using blue tooth. I can clearly hear notification otherwise but it goes away on bluetooth device. Tried on two different bluetooth units. This problem occurs on 4.2.2 Rom's .All the rest of sounds like music and sms notifications are fine There is no such issue on 4.1.2. Please help
Which specific 4.4.2 rom are you using?
I'm using omni-4.4.2-20131219-i9100-NIGHTLY and I don't have that issue.

sundeepnanda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhelering View Post
Which specific 4.4.2 rom are you using?
I'm using omni-4.4.2-20131219-i9100-NIGHTLY and I don't have that issue.
I have tried various ROMs , all have same issue. Today tried senitenilrom which is android 4.3 and again the
same issue. Though i have not tried the ROM you have suggested . will try that too. Thanks for reply

rhelering
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundeepnanda View Post
I have tried various ROMs , all have same issue. Today tried senitenilrom which is android 4.3 and again the
same issue. Though i have not tried the ROM you have suggested . will try that too. Thanks for reply
I'm very happy with this rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2562055
In there you have the instructions about how to install it.

Hope that helps!

sundeepnanda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=rhelering;48643803]I'm very happy with this rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2562055
In there you have the instructions about how to install it.
Hope that helps![/Q]
I tried this ROM. Its really nice and I want to have it on my device but my problem still remains there. I m only able to use till android 4.1.2 versions. Anything beyond that causes this Bluetooth call waiting issue. I m really missing upgrades . it's strange not to get only call waiting notification over Bluetooth. All the rest of the sounds are OK.

Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am having the same problem. Tried many ROMs (Cyanogenmod, Jellybam, Omnirom, Revolt,...) but anything above 4.1.2 leads to this strange issue. At first i thought it was the Bluetooth device thats why I tried several of those as well (Plantronics, LG, Samsung, Bose,...) and its the same every time.
I really can't get behind this and never found anypne with a simillar issue. I have pretty much resigned myself to always having 4.1.2 until i've seen this thread. Now i have hope, please don't crush it.

Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is there anybody out there who has any idea how to solve this?

Old
Thanks Meter 0
Anything? I hate to be stuck on JB.

Tags
bluetooth, call waiting