Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 49,229 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The order of the camera images viewer is reversed

Tip us?

guyman20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default The order of the camera images viewer is reversed

I'm using CM 11.
After taking a photo, there's an option to slide the finger and view the images (and the other images taken by the camera).
In my case, for some reason, the order is reversed! It shows the first image ever taken first, I have to slide thousands of images to get to the new image.
Any solution?
Thank you

guyman20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Any idea?

bhavstech
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyman20 View Post
I'm using CM 11.
After taking a photo, there's an option to slide the finger and view the images (and the other images taken by the camera).
In my case, for some reason, the order is reversed! It shows the first image ever taken first, I have to slide thousands of images to get to the new image.
Any solution?
Thank you
there would be an option in galarry to sort the images modify the setting to name or date
If i helped you ,you know where the Thanks button is!

guyman20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavstech View Post
there would be an option in galarry to sort the images modify the setting to name or date
There is no option of "sort by", there is "group by" which creates annoying folders according to time periods, which isn't what I wanted..

bhavstech
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
There is no option of "sort by", there is "group by" which creates annoying folders according to time periods, which isn't what I wanted..
there is option gallary>camera>groupby

guyman20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavstech View Post
there is option gallary>camera>groupby
That's what I said, there is only "group by", which isn't the same as "sort as".
I don't want it to be grouped into days. I want to see everything spread sorted by time.
It is indeed sorted by time, but in the reverse order..

bhavstech
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
That's what I said, there is only "group by", which isn't the same as "sort as".
I don't want it to be grouped into days. I want to see everything spread sorted by time.
It is indeed sorted by time, but in the reverse order..
use gallery kitkat from playstore

guyman20
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well it does work, but I really want to use a stock app from a trusted source, and not an external paid app.
I'm sure there's a solution to this bug..

king_below_my_lord
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Well it does work, but I really want to use a stock app from a trusted source, and not an external paid app.
I'm sure there's a solution to this bug..
Hmm a stock app from a trusted source huh? If you can learn a lil Java and some minor hacking skills you can always decompile the camera app you "trust" and hunt for the code where the sort operation takes place which I expect to be done by an object of a small private or public class that implements comparator, for reversing the sort it would be a single line of code like comparator.reverse( theArrayListofpics); also it could be totally different simpler or complex code depending on the app, or you can avoid all the above pain in the ass and use a not-so-stock 3rd party apps like Focal by one of the CM devs.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk