Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

The order of the camera images viewer is reversed

OP guyman20

3rd March 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

111 posts
I'm using CM 11.
After taking a photo, there's an option to slide the finger and view the images (and the other images taken by the camera).
In my case, for some reason, the order is reversed! It shows the first image ever taken first, I have to slide thousands of images to get to the new image.
Any solution?
Thank you
3rd March 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

111 posts
Any idea?
4th March 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 259

854 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyman20

I'm using CM 11.
After taking a photo, there's an option to slide the finger and view the images (and the other images taken by the camera).
In my case, for some reason, the order is reversed! It shows the first image ever taken first, I have to slide thousands of images to get to the new image.
Any solution?
Thank you

there would be an option in galarry to sort the images modify the setting to name or date
4th March 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

111 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavstech

there would be an option in galarry to sort the images modify the setting to name or date

There is no option of "sort by", there is "group by" which creates annoying folders according to time periods, which isn't what I wanted..
4th March 2014, 11:18 AM   |  #5  

854 posts
More
Quote:

There is no option of "sort by", there is "group by" which creates annoying folders according to time periods, which isn't what I wanted..

there is option gallary>camera>groupby
4th March 2014, 11:21 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

111 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavstech

there is option gallary>camera>groupby

That's what I said, there is only "group by", which isn't the same as "sort as".
I don't want it to be grouped into days. I want to see everything spread sorted by time.
It is indeed sorted by time, but in the reverse order..
4th March 2014, 11:43 AM   |  #7  

854 posts
More
Quote:

That's what I said, there is only "group by", which isn't the same as "sort as".
I don't want it to be grouped into days. I want to see everything spread sorted by time.
It is indeed sorted by time, but in the reverse order..

use gallery kitkat from playstore
4th March 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

111 posts
Well it does work, but I really want to use a stock app from a trusted source, and not an external paid app.
I'm sure there's a solution to this bug..
5th March 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #9  
Flag Thrissur,Kerela
Thanks Meter: 310

742 posts
More
Quote:

Well it does work, but I really want to use a stock app from a trusted source, and not an external paid app.
I'm sure there's a solution to this bug..

Hmm a stock app from a trusted source huh? If you can learn a lil Java and some minor hacking skills you can always decompile the camera app you "trust" and hunt for the code where the sort operation takes place which I expect to be done by an object of a small private or public class that implements comparator, for reversing the sort it would be a single line of code like comparator.reverse( theArrayListofpics); also it could be totally different simpler or complex code depending on the app, or you can avoid all the above pain in the ass and use a not-so-stock 3rd party apps like Focal by one of the CM devs.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread