Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 51,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cell data connection stalling - anyone else experiencing issues?

Tip us?

crypticc
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOffPT View Post
Having experienced way too many connection timeouts I decided to look if someone was having the same issue. Following the suggestion to disable the Fast Dormancy found in this XDA post I immediately found the solution for the problem.

Network: Three UK (3UK)
Android version: 2.3.3
3UK and o2 supports fast dormancy but only ki* appears to me to have the correct nwk_info.db settings. (albeit reversed they work off dormancy = enabled)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

wltklah
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Guys, I am having the exact issue here with the latest stock KI3 firmware updated via KIES!!!! Internet connection just went dead with only uploading flashing. I thought it was the issue with the tower in that area, so I left it be to see what will happen when I got home. Guess what, it's still dead even though I left that area. I am not on that tower any more but the problem didn't go away. It is definitely an issue on the phone itself. With so many updates on the radio without fixing the issue, I am thinking it might be an hardware issue after all!!! p.s. I am using AT&T in IL, USA

gabriolinari
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Guys install 2.3.4 data probs fixed there!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

salmanslick
Old
Thanks Meter 8
i have the same problem i.e data loses connection. after a fresh flash of stock rom and factory reset , it starts working fine for a week or so and then the shyt happens again . i can tell u , its not a hardware issue, it more like a software issue.

i m not good at android but wen i used to run squid on a linux machine as a proxy server , i recall i had to clear a log file to make data flow possible every few days. i think android has a similar issues some logs files build up or some **** like that.

Mark67222
Old
Thanks Meter 1
So is there still no cure for this problem?

I'm suffering this now and really annoying.

I'm considering switching to O2 just to see if vodafone network is partly responsible.

wltklah
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmanslick View Post
i have the same problem i.e data loses connection. after a fresh flash of stock rom and factory reset , it starts working fine for a week or so and then the shyt happens again . i can tell u , its not a hardware issue, it more like a software issue.

i m not good at android but wen i used to run squid on a linux machine as a proxy server , i recall i had to clear a log file to make data flow possible every few days. i think android has a similar issues some logs files build up or some **** like that.
It's 100% software issue or the network provider's issue. I use the same rom and same modem in both Taiwan's network provider and USA's AT&T. I have no issue in Taiwan while I have 3G hang issue in USA AT&T with same ROM and Modem file. Now I really don't know who can fix it.
I9100 CM9 4.0.4 Latest Nightly with LPF Radio

icecubix2
Old
(Last edited by icecubix2; 13th April 2012 at 08:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wltklah View Post
It's 100% software issue or the network provider's issue...
SOLVED! Since a week ago I don't have (finally!!) this problem. My provider (Simyo, in Spain) has this problem. I solved by selecting roaming manual - national:
Simyo has a program ("servicio simyo") in which you select the roaming you want. By default it is "automatic". I put it in "manual" and then "national" (not international). Someone in htcmania.com forum (I don't remember who, sorry) give me the solution, and since a week ago I don't have connection problems.
Regards.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 (i9300)
Rom:Criskelo ROM

salmanslick
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wltklah View Post
It's 100% software issue or the network provider's issue. I use the same rom and same modem in both Taiwan's network provider and USA's AT&T. I have no issue in Taiwan while I have 3G hang issue in USA AT&T with same ROM and Modem file. Now I really don't know who can fix it.
i m getting this issue on att too i m in northern california

havs2006
Old
Thanks Meter 0
how come we have left this thread without finding a solution?

Jahngo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Same problem here. Desperate really!