Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Cell data connection stalling - anyone else experiencing issues?

OP PartyMango

15th October 2011, 02:31 AM   |  #151  
London
Thanks Meter: 108

1,058 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOffPT

Having experienced way too many connection timeouts I decided to look if someone was having the same issue. Following the suggestion to disable the Fast Dormancy found in this XDA post I immediately found the solution for the problem.

Network: Three UK (3UK)
Android version: 2.3.3

3UK and o2 supports fast dormancy but only ki* appears to me to have the correct nwk_info.db settings. (albeit reversed they work off dormancy = enabled)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
15th October 2011, 04:16 AM   |  #152  
Flag Urbana
Thanks Meter: 6

92 posts
More
Guys, I am having the exact issue here with the latest stock KI3 firmware updated via KIES!!!! Internet connection just went dead with only uploading flashing. I thought it was the issue with the tower in that area, so I left it be to see what will happen when I got home. Guess what, it's still dead even though I left that area. I am not on that tower any more but the problem didn't go away. It is definitely an issue on the phone itself. With so many updates on the radio without fixing the issue, I am thinking it might be an hardware issue after all!!! p.s. I am using AT&T in IL, USA
15th October 2011, 11:25 AM   |  #153  
Thanks Meter: 4

182 posts
Guys install 2.3.4 data probs fixed there!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
16th February 2012, 11:57 AM   |  #154  
Flag sacramento
Thanks Meter: 8

154 posts
More
i have the same problem i.e data loses connection. after a fresh flash of stock rom and factory reset , it starts working fine for a week or so and then the shyt happens again . i can tell u , its not a hardware issue, it more like a software issue.

i m not good at android but wen i used to run squid on a linux machine as a proxy server , i recall i had to clear a log file to make data flow possible every few days. i think android has a similar issues some logs files build up or some **** like that.
22nd February 2012, 07:34 PM   |  #155  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
More
So is there still no cure for this problem?

I'm suffering this now and really annoying.

I'm considering switching to O2 just to see if vodafone network is partly responsible.
22nd February 2012, 09:18 PM   |  #156  
Flag Urbana
Thanks Meter: 6

92 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmanslick

i have the same problem i.e data loses connection. after a fresh flash of stock rom and factory reset , it starts working fine for a week or so and then the shyt happens again . i can tell u , its not a hardware issue, it more like a software issue.

i m not good at android but wen i used to run squid on a linux machine as a proxy server , i recall i had to clear a log file to make data flow possible every few days. i think android has a similar issues some logs files build up or some **** like that.

It's 100% software issue or the network provider's issue. I use the same rom and same modem in both Taiwan's network provider and USA's AT&T. I have no issue in Taiwan while I have 3G hang issue in USA AT&T with same ROM and Modem file. Now I really don't know who can fix it.
12th April 2012, 09:29 AM   |  #157  
Thanks Meter: 0

51 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by wltklah

It's 100% software issue or the network provider's issue...

SOLVED! Since a week ago I don't have (finally!!) this problem. My provider (Simyo, in Spain) has this problem. I solved by selecting roaming manual - national:
Simyo has a program ("servicio simyo") in which you select the roaming you want. By default it is "automatic". I put it in "manual" and then "national" (not international). Someone in htcmania.com forum (I don't remember who, sorry) give me the solution, and since a week ago I don't have connection problems.
Regards.
Last edited by icecubix2; 13th April 2012 at 09:06 AM.
20th April 2012, 01:13 AM   |  #158  
Flag sacramento
Thanks Meter: 8

154 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wltklah

It's 100% software issue or the network provider's issue. I use the same rom and same modem in both Taiwan's network provider and USA's AT&T. I have no issue in Taiwan while I have 3G hang issue in USA AT&T with same ROM and Modem file. Now I really don't know who can fix it.

i m getting this issue on att too i m in northern california
21st August 2012, 05:10 PM   |  #159  

18 posts
how come we have left this thread without finding a solution?
6th January 2013, 11:34 PM   |  #160  

3 posts
Same problem here. Desperate really!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread