Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 50,573 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Chainfire's Triangle Away App

Tip us?

sdardz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Chainfire's Triangle Away App

Hi all.
My SGS2 needs to be sent in for repairs in the imminent future, and in preparation I unrooted my phone and flashed a Stock ICS build (my carrier is Optus, Australia). Before this I was running a few different GB roms. When I boot my phone I do not get the yellow triangle (I assume this is because I am running official Samsung firmware), but if I put the phone into download mode, it still shows the 8 custom flashes I did earlier.
My real question is will Chainfire's Triangle Away app remove the binary count even if the triangle isn't there?
And a better question would be, would having official firmware be enough to still claim warranty, or would I need to have both official firmware and a "0" custom flash count?
Thanks for any help!

beetfarmer
Old
(Last edited by beetfarmer; 3rd May 2012 at 02:16 AM.) Reason: Play Store
Thanks Meter 8
I believe Samsung may throw a stink about the counter, even if you are on stock/official firmware. This counter would imply that you have voided your warranty previous to the current state of the phone and it's OS

To be safe I would use the Triangle away app

EDIT: Yes, the app does reset the flash counter. See https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ngleaway&hl=en

bala_gamer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6528

DONATE TO ME
Its always safe to clear the counter before returning it for service. yes the triangle away app will clear the counter with/without triangle.

download it for free from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1494114
DEVICE : 9505 ARCTIC BLUE || MODEM : NC6 || PRIMARY : SOKP || KERNEL : KTOONSEZ || DPI : 320 || LAUNCHER : BUZZ || APPS : 200+ || BATTERY BACKUP : ~~~
|| temp fix for screen smearing in s4 || SenseWiz Theme || multi dpi apps || S3 CPU/GPU overclocking guide || New to Android/s3? Read the FAQ here ||

Oldies : Galaxy S3,S2,SL|| Nokia X6,5230,N73

sdardz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks guys!
I tried to run the app but it's telling me I need Superuser access...
Does this mean I need to root the phone, use the triangle away app, then UNroot the phone?
Sorry if this is obvious... Not overly confident of my ability to keep the phone unbricked haha.

Kaze105
Old
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdardz View Post
Thanks guys!
I tried to run the app but it's telling me I need Superuser access...
Does this mean I need to root the phone, use the triangle away app, then UNroot the phone?
Sorry if this is obvious... Not overly confident of my ability to keep the phone unbricked haha.
You are correct. Root the phone first, use the app, then unroot.

sdardz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks!
So it will still think it's Samsung official after that process?

Wezi
Old
(Last edited by Wezi; 3rd May 2012 at 09:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 107
You'll need a rooted ICS firmware already on your phone.
Check the Triangle Away forum to ensure its working with your firmware version.
Flash Triangle Away, this will remove Yellow Triangle and reset Custom Counter to 0.
Flash official unrooted firmware using Odin, this wont increase your Custom Counter as its official. Use a firmware thats specific to your region.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1075278

Job done.

Also check my sigi for links

sdardz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks! This forum is full of amazing help.
So theoretically I could follow those steps then flash the stock ROM a thousand times and the flash counter would remain at 0?

Rooster19
Old
Thanks Meter 5
If it makes you feel any better I went to Optus 3 weeks ago with a phone that wouldn't turn on with ICS for another region with root and they fixed it.

I think my USB jig cleared the counter to 0 though. I couldn't connect my phone to dl mode or anything

The app removes the triangle as well as the counter

sdardz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah I tried using the jig a while ago but I think I have the newer bootloader, so it didn't do anything, which was very disappointing.
I'd just hate to take it in then have them tell me to get bent because I rom'ed it.