[Q] Charging current explanation

Search This thread

_Pablo_

Jan 31, 2011
Warsaw
Hi there,

I'm searching for two days, but can't find any complex explanation of charging current.

Someone said me, Sammy made an limit to 650mA, and there is a lot of posts about this.

My ROM is SlimKat 4.4, and there isn't fast charge option in this ROM, so probably(?) I'm using only 500mA regardless of which charger I'm using. Is this right?

Somewhere I read original Samsung car charger have some special resistors inside in order to charging faster?

Any explanation, links to existing threads are welcome.

I'm using navigation software in my phone and during navigation battery goes down...

I made some tests, and my wall charger (Samsung) is detected as AC, also car charger (unoriginal) also is AC.

Last edited:

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
I wasn't sure of this myself but when I flashed Dorimanx kernel, I could see in Stweaks that we could manipulate the charging current (with an upper limit of 650mA). I m sure the same can be tweaked by any kernel.
The upper limit is there to protect the hardware from overheating. The upper limit on USB charging its 500mA which is again to protect the hardware at the time of USB connection. With stweaks we can increase the USB charging current limit atleast.
Noticed fast charging option in C-rom, you can visit their thread and ask questions about it.