Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 52,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] which charging port do I own/ I need? [help]

Tip us?

bomerang0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Arrow [Q] which charging port do I own/ I need? [help]

Hi all, I've done a research and I know how much this subject was talked about.. ( a lot)

I need to replace my charging port (i think..) and I read that I should order one of the same rev. that I have.
Now, I opened my device (pic att.) and saw that it says "rev0.4".
I've searched a lot of time for the same part and couldnt find a same one!!
plus, there is that small chip at the top left corner, that seems to be missing from all the
charging port parts out there (at least in the pics...)

which part/rev do I need to order?

thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	?????.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	2697815  

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
You need to either:-

*Find KeithRoss39's guide to this in General (not stickied; search for 'replace USB charger board', or there's a link in Hopper8's Odin troubleshooting guide which is stickied in general).

*If you're still unsure or if it doesn't have the information you need (and it is very thorough), wait & hope Keith sees your thread & responds. He is the expert on this sort of thing here, and I very much doubt anyone else who posts here regularly will be able to give you useful information.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

bomerang0
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've alredy read that guide...
It says clearly " you need to match this REV number with the one on the board you remove",
but it doesnt seems to help much, because I find no mention of my rev (0.4) anywhere...
This part is very cheap and i would have consider to buy other rev even just for testing but
then I see the difference in the pictures (that chip..) ...

ahhh Im frustrated...

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
*cough*

'If you're still unsure or if it doesn't have the information you need (and it is very thorough), wait & hope Keith sees your thread & responds'
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?