FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

[Q] Can anyone clarify what's the diff between the ORIGINAL DEV n the non-original?

757 posts
Thanks Meter: 16
 
By benyben123, Senior Member on 9th March 2012, 09:07 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi.
[solved]

Thanks
Last edited by benyben123; 9th March 2012 at 09:33 PM.
 
 
9th March 2012, 09:16 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 906
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benyben123

Hi.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1055

Two options here - one is:
S II Original Android Development
other is:
S II Android Development

I can see the description, but I am not fully getting it

Thanks

See here. (Found in the sticky in the I9100 general section)

You've been around for a while, and been quite active. You should know about forum rule #1...
9th March 2012, 09:22 PM |#3  
TheATHEiST's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 920
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benyben123

Hi.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1055

Two options here - one is:
S II Original Android Development
other is:
S II Android Development

I can see the description, but I am not fully getting it

Thanks

Looking and reading tends to help.
9th March 2012, 09:37 PM |#4  
benyben123's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
how did u guys find it by using the search??? i didn't
9th March 2012, 09:42 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 906
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benyben123

how did u guys find it by using the search??? i didn't

... because it's in the sticky in the general section?

Or by typing "original vs android development" in the search box?
9th March 2012, 10:36 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
More
Never delete your original question and replace it with [solved]. What one earth is the use if someone with the same questions finds this question later and just sees [solved].
9th March 2012, 11:01 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
What I've noticed is that there's a lot of thread in "original dev"; but not that much "real" developers. A lot of Rom are just stock with little changes. Except some kernel, I've only seen one original ROM: CyanogenMod. I guess there's also MIUI, but all others could go to "not original dev". Recently I've seen a lot of CM9 variants. Difficult to find real developers in this forum, and others who just use patches from others...

Just my opinion...
9th March 2012, 11:21 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 906
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nojevah

What I've noticed is that there's a lot of thread in "original dev"; but not that much "real" developers. A lot of Rom are just stock with little changes. Except some kernel, I've only seen one original ROM: CyanogenMod. I guess there's also MIUI, but all others could go to "not original dev". Recently I've seen a lot of CM9 variants. Difficult to find real developers in this forum, and others who just use patches from others...

Just my opinion...

I agree... but there is kernel development in there too.

Also, MIUI, as far as I know, is derivative from CyanogenMod. So there is some argument about how original it is, really.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes