Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Home Button Stopped Working.. Alternative?

Tip us?

Godmyster
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Home Button Stopped Working.. Alternative?

Hey all Just like the top says my home button stopped working and i know there is alternatives, what do you guys recommend doing or should i download an app to substitute it? and if yes what app do you guys find best?

Thank you

hansonchen
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Try wanam xposed

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Honestly ? Fix it. The reasons should be obvious (and relate to recovery from any dramas you might end up having, which happen to all of us at one point or another).
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

f-r
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Swichr is an app that replaces home button. You swipe from the screen corner and get a menu with recent apps and a home button on the top. Here it is on the Play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.adib.switchr

Glyptho
Old
Thanks Meter 3
You can try a custom rom that has on screen navbar option. I saw this option on Dirty Unicorns but I dont use the option. Im sure other Roms has it also.

dredremon
Old
Thanks Meter 359
use pie

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
sorry in my english

DAYDREAM CM7 THEME original by Gspin

keithross39
Old
(Last edited by keithross39; 1st March 2014 at 08:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1183
@MistahBungle is right.......there WILL come a time when you need a home button, and when that happens a 'virtual' button just won't help.......
Best advice....get it replaced....
If you can get it done under Samsung's 2 year warranty, all the better, as replacing the button involves removing the screen....which WILL break.....

Sent from my Infected KitKat bar.....
The Following User Says Thank You to keithross39 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robneymcplum
Old
Thanks Meter 76
LMT launcher, in Android hacking/app and games. I use it, it's better than pie in every respect IMO.
And no matter what happens, you DON'T need a home button, worst possible case scenario you reboot Cwm and back up, to restore later or reinstall a new rom
and add lwt launcher straight away.

elixir.
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Try "PIMP MY ROM" from google store,it has an option to enable homescreen buttons.

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1183
All these people telling the OP about different ROMs and apps need to stop and think......
What good will ANY of them do if the OP's phone won't boot and the only way to get it running will be to use the button combo to get into recovery to wipe data and/or flash a new ROM?....will any of these mods or tweaks help then?.......
And to the poster who said "you'll NEVER NEED a home button"....you can believe that if you want, but don't try to get others to believe a statement that is so obviously blatantly wrong........

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keithross39 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]