APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Clockworkmod Recovery 6.0.1.0 download

OP penstone

29th August 2012, 01:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi, I'm trying to flash the latest version (6.0.1.0) of the ClockworkMod recovery onto my GT-I9100 but I cant downland the required zip file.

The ROM Manager app gives me a download failed message, and the link on the website does not work, I suspect the app just uses the same download. I would post the link but the site wont let me as it's my first post.

Can anyone help. Is there an alternative download link I can use. I notice the links for 6.0.1.0 for other phone models seem to work but I'm not sure about using them on mine.

Cheers
29th August 2012, 01:48 PM   |  #2  

5 posts
i have the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by penstone

Hi, I'm trying to flash the latest version (6.0.1.0) of the ClockworkMod recovery onto my GT-I9100 but I cant downland the required zip file.

The ROM Manager app gives me a download failed message, and the link on the website does not work, I suspect the app just uses the same download. I would post the link but the site wont let me as it's my first post.

Can anyone help. Is there an alternative download link I can use. I notice the links for 6.0.1.0 for other phone models seem to work but I'm not sure about using them on mine.

Cheers

29th August 2012, 02:03 PM   |  #3  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 366

1,025 posts
More
Quote:

Cheers

In samsung phones the recovery isn't separate. It's bundled along with the kernel
To use CWM6 flash a kernel which uses CWM6 like latest Siyah.

Don't use ROM Manager on GSII to flash recoveries.
The Following User Says Thank You to atulalvenkar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2012, 02:59 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atulalvenkar

In samsung phones the recovery isn't separate. It's bundled along with the kernel
To use CWM6 flash a kernel which uses CWM6 like latest Siyah.

Don't use ROM Manager on GSII to flash recoveries.

I see, thanks for the advise.
31st August 2012, 07:23 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

34 posts
Exclamation
Quote:

Cheers

I also have the same problem ....But as for the last post he said to flash new kernel like siya ....Will it affect the stock rom or will it have any changed in system data or anything like that??
31st August 2012, 07:30 AM   |  #6  
Flag klang
Thanks Meter: 21

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsleyhopper

I also have the same problem ....But as for the last post he said to flash new kernel like siya ....Will it affect the stock rom or will it have any changed in system data or anything like that??

noop, you just changing the kernel only but you still on perfect pure stock rom
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to narsimdamha For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2012, 07:39 AM   |  #7  

34 posts
Quote:

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsimdamha

noop, you just changing the kernel only but you still on perfect pure stock rom

My apps and setting and other user data will remain right ...Actually i dont have CWM ....For that oly im installing ICS kernel
31st August 2012, 07:46 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MYSORE - KARNATAKA - INDIA
Thanks Meter: 8,822

6,925 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsleyhopper

My apps and setting and other user data will remain right ...Actually i dont have CWM ....For that oly im installing ICS kernel

flashing a custom kernel like siyah will not wipe ur apps or data ma8, it will only add the latest CWM recovery to the phone, so u can flash it without any issues
31st August 2012, 07:50 AM   |  #9  

34 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun90

flashing a custom kernel like siyah will not wipe ur apps or data ma8, it will only add the latest CWM recovery to the phone, so u can flash it without any issues

thank you very much m8 .......The kernel just adds CWM and it doesnt change my ROM

thnk you for opening my mind

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread