XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Clockworkmod Recovery 6.0.1.0 download

Tip us?

penstone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Clockworkmod Recovery 6.0.1.0 download

Hi, I'm trying to flash the latest version (6.0.1.0) of the ClockworkMod recovery onto my GT-I9100 but I cant downland the required zip file.

The ROM Manager app gives me a download failed message, and the link on the website does not work, I suspect the app just uses the same download. I would post the link but the site wont let me as it's my first post.

Can anyone help. Is there an alternative download link I can use. I notice the links for 6.0.1.0 for other phone models seem to work but I'm not sure about using them on mine.

Cheers

kelvinblade
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i have the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by penstone View Post
Hi, I'm trying to flash the latest version (6.0.1.0) of the ClockworkMod recovery onto my GT-I9100 but I cant downland the required zip file.

The ROM Manager app gives me a download failed message, and the link on the website does not work, I suspect the app just uses the same download. I would post the link but the site wont let me as it's my first post.

Can anyone help. Is there an alternative download link I can use. I notice the links for 6.0.1.0 for other phone models seem to work but I'm not sure about using them on mine.

Cheers

atulalvenkar
Old
Thanks Meter 359
Quote:

Cheers
In samsung phones the recovery isn't separate. It's bundled along with the kernel
To use CWM6 flash a kernel which uses CWM6 like latest Siyah.

Don't use ROM Manager on GSII to flash recoveries.
LG Google Nexus 4 Stock Rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to atulalvenkar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

penstone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by atulalvenkar View Post
In samsung phones the recovery isn't separate. It's bundled along with the kernel
To use CWM6 flash a kernel which uses CWM6 like latest Siyah.

Don't use ROM Manager on GSII to flash recoveries.
I see, thanks for the advise.

kingsleyhopper
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

Cheers
I also have the same problem ....But as for the last post he said to flash new kernel like siya ....Will it affect the stock rom or will it have any changed in system data or anything like that??

narsimdamha
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsleyhopper View Post
I also have the same problem ....But as for the last post he said to flash new kernel like siya ....Will it affect the stock rom or will it have any changed in system data or anything like that??
noop, you just changing the kernel only but you still on perfect pure stock rom
PHONE: SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 GT-I9100
ANDROID VERSION: 4.1.2
ROM :STOCK XXLSJ
KERNEL VERSION: STOCK XXLSJ
BASEBAND VERSION: i9100XXLS6
BUILD NUMBER: JZ054K.I9100XXLSJ
RECOVERY VER : CWM V6 PHILZ

Pressbutton if I helped you somehow
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to narsimdamha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kingsleyhopper
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by narsimdamha View Post
noop, you just changing the kernel only but you still on perfect pure stock rom
My apps and setting and other user data will remain right ...Actually i dont have CWM ....For that oly im installing ICS kernel

Sun90
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8612
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsleyhopper View Post
My apps and setting and other user data will remain right ...Actually i dont have CWM ....For that oly im installing ICS kernel
flashing a custom kernel like siyah will not wipe ur apps or data ma8, it will only add the latest CWM recovery to the phone, so u can flash it without any issues
"Knowledge Stays Fresh if Shared else Rots"
Please:

kingsleyhopper
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun90 View Post
flashing a custom kernel like siyah will not wipe ur apps or data ma8, it will only add the latest CWM recovery to the phone, so u can flash it without any issues
thank you very much m8 .......The kernel just adds CWM and it doesnt change my ROM

thnk you for opening my mind