Close notifications with Back key

Tip us?

sreinst1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 247
Default Close notifications with Back key

Hi,
I have Beanstalk, of Android 4.4.2. Unlike previous versions, after showing the notifications window by dragging down the status bar, I cannot close that window (and return to the home screen) using the Back button. I can only drag it back up or otherwise click the Home button. Is there a setting to allow closing it using the Back button (as all my previous ROMs allowed)?
Thanks,
Shlomy

Christiaan91
Old
Thanks Meter 287

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreinst1 View Post
Hi,
I have Beanstalk, of Android 4.4.2. Unlike previous versions, after showing the notifications window by dragging down the status bar, I cannot close that window (and return to the home screen) using the Back button. I can only drag it back up or otherwise click the Home button. Is there a setting to allow closing it using the Back button (as all my previous ROMs allowed)?
Thanks,
Shlomy
Back to kill is probably not implemented yet. (normally this option in the development options).
When pressing the back button to minimize the app it should be working. If not reboot a few times and see if it helps, otherwise reflash.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Search and read before asking questions!

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II I9100
Rom: SlimKat (SlimSaber)
Kernel: Apolo light
Runtime: ART
DPI: 182

Previous phones:
HTC Touch Pro2 (windows phone running android)
Sony Ericsson k770i
Sony Ericsson k700
Sony Ericsson T105
Nokia 3310
Nokia 6310

sreinst1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiaan91 View Post
Back to kill is probably not implemented yet. (normally this option in the development options).
When pressing the back button to minimize the app it should be working. If not reboot a few times and see if it helps, otherwise reflash.

What does "Back to kill" mean? The Back button works fine in all other cases; the only case where I expect it to do something and it doesn't is when the notifications are shown on the screen after pulling down the status bar.
I hoped it would be somewhat configurable to map the back button to the same operation of dragging the notifications back up to the status bar (which is what happened with the previous ROMs I used).

Christiaan91
Old
Thanks Meter 287

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreinst1 View Post
What does "Back to kill" mean? The Back button works fine in all other cases; the only case where I expect it to do something and it doesn't is when the notifications are shown on the screen after pulling down the status bar.
I hoped it would be somewhat configurable to map the back button to the same operation of dragging the notifications back up to the status bar (which is what happened with the previous ROMs I used).
Back to kill is holding the back button to close the app in stead of minimizing it.
In your case it's something that doesn't work (yet). So the only thing you can do is, fix it yourself or wait for the next build and hope it's fixed.

Search and read before asking questions!

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II I9100
Rom: SlimKat (SlimSaber)
Kernel: Apolo light
Runtime: ART
DPI: 182

Previous phones:
HTC Touch Pro2 (windows phone running android)
Sony Ericsson k770i
Sony Ericsson k700
Sony Ericsson T105
Nokia 3310
Nokia 6310
The Following User Says Thank You to Christiaan91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]