Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,549 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM11+ TW

Tip us?

zman01
Old
(Last edited by zman01; 1st July 2014 at 12:18 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question CM11+ TW

Hello!
My problem is that i cant find 4.4.x rom (e.g. based on cm11) that has full S5 TW experience. So my question is .. How can i add the whole system ui from TW roms to for example CM11. I tried to install the apk-s from wizzedkat rom, but thats based on 4.1.2 and it doesnt work on CM11. I found some CM11 roms for Galaxy S3 with touchwiz, but i didnt tried these apks.

Thanks!

ahmedelhofy
Old
Thanks Meter 169
It's really hard to port touchwiz to AOSP... You can try using some themes to give you at least a similar interface to what touchwiz offers

You might want to check this one...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...touchwiz&hl=en
The Following User Says Thank You to ahmedelhofy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zman01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for your answer.
I tought Im the only one that want TW UI for kitkat roms. I didnt know that is hard to port to AOSP. Maybe somebody will port TouchWiz to AOSP..

FullWipe
Old
Thanks Meter 81
I don't think will never happen as long as Samsung does not release its source

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
You can't ('add the whole system ui from TW roms to for example CM11') & nobody will ever port Touchjizz to be usable on AOSP roms on this device.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?