Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Why does it always say "Conditional call forwarding active" when I make any call?

OP dynamicbot

19th June 2011, 08:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
North West
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
More
Hi there, basically I bought a new and sealed T-Mobile branded Samsung Galaxy SII phone from eBay and am using my 3 mobile sim in it.... I assume it wasn't originally locked when I bought it, as I went through the root and unlock method (ChainFire app), and the code was 00000000, and never at any point asked me to enter that code into the system, so hey, my 3 sim seems to work in it.... apart from the fact that for every call I make the message "Conditional call forwarding active" always crops up with a beep to go with it, then after a couple of seconds the call is made. It isn't a major problem as such I don't think, but hell it definitely isn't normal and is quite annoying after spending 400 on this otherwise amazing phone.

I have tried to fiddle with the settings but for some reason I cannot disable any of the call forwarding settings, some sort of error message crops up. I have phoned up the 3 network who I am with three times today and they asked me to enter a few # codes to sort the problem out, but I had no luck, and then they had me factory reset the phone using the option in the settings. I did that, and I still have this problem. I also get the message "Connection problem or invalid MMI" when entering most # codes, this seems to have happened after rooting, though I am not 100% sure if that is the case.

My phone is the Samsung Galaxy S II I900, just to confirm that.

I look forward to hearing from you guys
Last edited by dynamicbot; 19th June 2011 at 08:52 PM.
19th June 2011, 08:59 PM   |  #2  
Most Easterly Point of England
Thanks Meter: 35

171 posts
More
I am on Three and I get the same message although my S2 was purchased from O2 then rooted. I have not seen any other reports about this but the message has not bothered me.
19th June 2011, 09:07 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

430 posts
I have the same message. Ave tried several hings without success, however since it really does nothing, I am starting to get use to it. But if someone knows how to solve it please let us know
19th June 2011, 09:15 PM   |  #4  
Ayrshire
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
More
voice mail
Hi guys i have this to but it only started when i activated my voicemail so i think its down to the voicemail

e.g if your on the phone and someone else calls they are placed forward to your voice mail ???

hope this helps
19th June 2011, 09:34 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
North West

28 posts
More
Hey there guys, thanks for the replies so far, glad to hear others are experiencing this annoying problem. I seem to have had this since rooting it, originally T-Mobile though I am 99% it was never "locked" to the network for some reason as I mentioned as I have never had to enter the 00000000 code, which the free ChainFire sim app gave me (seems like it means it is unlocked already???). The guys on the 3 helpline were giving me loads of codes which weren't of any help, and telling me about what options I could fiddle around with, but I had tried all of these to no avail.

Are people also getting the MMI message I mentioned in my original post, whenever they enter # codes in the dialer? It seems to me that both of these problems started at the same time (this error message and the forwarding issue - I am sure they are linked). It means, for example, I probably won't be able to set up a speed dial because of it, nor will I be able to use the "secret codes" as mentioned in the dedicated thread of the same name on this site.

Why is it a problem for some and not for the majority of people, we must have something in common which we have done with our phones which has caused this?

I really hope someone can sort this annoying problem out.
19th June 2011, 10:07 PM   |  #6  
Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,400

8,972 posts
It's normal. "Call Forwarding Active" is displayed when all calls are forwarded. "Conditional Call Forwarding Active" shows when forward when busy, forward when unanswered, or forward when unreachable is selected. To make the message go away you'd have to disable the three forwarding options in their settings. The pre-populated number is always your carrier voicemail (read from the SIM) or Google Voice.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2011, 10:19 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
North West

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

It's normal. "Call Forwarding Active" is displayed when all calls are forwarded. "Conditional Call Forwarding Active" shows when forward when busy, forward when unanswered, or forward when unreachable is selected. To make the message go away you'd have to disable the three forwarding options in their settings. The pre-populated number is always your carrier voicemail (read from the SIM) or Google Voice.

Cheers for the reply Barry, yeah I expect it is normal but the thing is I cannot change these settings, my phone won't let me as an error comes up. I know it's not a major problem, just a bit annoying I can't get it to go away. I can't disable those three things, I tried a few times already.

Plus, I constantly get the MMI error message, which I mentioned before, seems a bit of a coincidence how these problems started the same time. I can't enter the majority of "#" codes into the dialer, it always says "USSD Running" or something along those lines and then produces the message like 2 seconds later.

Any ideas? Thanks so far for the advice
22nd September 2011, 01:32 AM   |  #8  
Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 14

600 posts
More
I have this problem but unlike all others I cannot make any calls on account of it. When I try to disable call forwarding I get an error msg saying it's not supported by the operator.

There HAS to be a way to fix this. I cannot make any calls or use 3G.
31st December 2011, 03:22 AM   |  #9  

1 posts
Try this
menu-call-additional setting-select network default...
It work with my sgs2.
20th March 2012, 11:08 PM   |  #10  

1 posts
On the Galaxy S2 if you go to: settings-call-call settings-call forwarding-voice call forwarding -- You will most likely see that for unanswered or unreachable calls it's not disabled because it forwards it to your voicemail, that's why it says conditional call forwarding is active. If you disable all options you won't get the message but then unanswered calls won't go to voicemail.Hope that helps.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call, conditional, forwarding, galaxy, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread