Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 52,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So confused

Tip us?
 
indigold
Old
#1  
indigold's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 355
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: warri
Default So confused

I have a strange issue with my s2, the mic records fine. But when I make a call the other person dosent hear me, I flashed different firmware but still no good.
 
pushkardua
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 233
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigold View Post
I have a strange issue with my s2, the mic records fine. But when I make a call the other person dosent hear me, I flashed different firmware but still no good.
Tried Restocking??
Please Subscribe to MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
if i helped you
This Would Take You Only a Second But CAn Help Me ALOT!

AWESOME ANDROID LIFE HACKS AND TRICKS

http://www.androidclaus.com/

 
indigold
Old
#3  
indigold's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 355
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: warri
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkardua View Post
Tried Restocking??


U mean fishing stock firmware with Odin? Yes I have
 
pushkardua
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 233
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigold View Post
U mean fishing stock firmware with Odin? Yes I have
uhh okay!!

installing stock ROM should work... strange... you are installing the correct version right?
it can't be a hardware problem as mic is working..
try to remove any malicious app maybe a call recorder??? cause that might be muting your mic??
i am soo curious.. please let me know if you find out the fix
Please Subscribe to MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
if i helped you
This Would Take You Only a Second But CAn Help Me ALOT!

AWESOME ANDROID LIFE HACKS AND TRICKS

http://www.androidclaus.com/

 
indigold
Old
#5  
indigold's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 355
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: warri
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkardua View Post
uhh okay!!

installing stock ROM should work... strange... you are installing the correct version right?
it can't be a hardware problem as mic is working..
try to remove any malicious app maybe a call recorder??? cause that might be muting your mic??
i am soo curious.. please let me know if you find out the fix


Am even more flabbergasted then u can imagine. I installed 3 different stock roms already, including going back to gingerbread. I have even do a factory reset. Still no good. Am almost out of ideas
 
pushkardua
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 233
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Delhi
Not installing any recorder apps na?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Please Subscribe to MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
if i helped you
This Would Take You Only a Second But CAn Help Me ALOT!

AWESOME ANDROID LIFE HACKS AND TRICKS

http://www.androidclaus.com/

 
banjara
Old
#7  
banjara's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 113
Posts: 405
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bangalore
What happens when you use your hands free in a call?
For an experiment, you can flash a custom kernel and in the kernel configuration app you can boost the microphone output.
Galaxy S2
ROM: NeatRom Lite 4.1.2
 
indigold
Old
#8  
indigold's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 355
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: warri
I will give a custom kernel a try when I get to the office. And I haven't installed any app

Thread Tools
Display Modes