Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Current SGSII owners: Any of the video chat apps work with FFC?

Tip us?

clubtech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297
Default Current SGSII owners: Any of the video chat apps work with FFC?

Just as the title says, does any of the current video chat apps work with the SGSII front facing camera?

Apps like: Fring, Tango, Qik Connect, oovoo ?

Your feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks!
HARDWARE: AT&T 8285 > iPhone 3G > Toshiba TG01 > iPhone 3GS > HD2 > AT&T N1 > EVO 4G > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy Tab > Samsung Nexus S > Atrix 4G > Motorola Xoom > Thunderbolt > Galaxy S II > Galaxy Tab 10.1 > HTC Flyer > E4GT > Galaxy Note > Galaxy S 3 > Galaxy Note II > HTC One > Galaxy Note 8 > Galaxy S 4

dickie2007
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Fring works for me on the test call, just installed to test

Just trying Tango

Dickie

dickie2007
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Cant test Tango without contacts to make call, but Qik works after Menu>Switch Cameras on the record option...

I think its safe to assume all is good with the FFC!!

Dickie.

clubtech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297
Thanks so much for checking.
VERY curious on Tango as this is the main app i use for video calling but it is good to know that Fring and Qik both work with the FFC
HARDWARE: AT&T 8285 > iPhone 3G > Toshiba TG01 > iPhone 3GS > HD2 > AT&T N1 > EVO 4G > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy Tab > Samsung Nexus S > Atrix 4G > Motorola Xoom > Thunderbolt > Galaxy S II > Galaxy Tab 10.1 > HTC Flyer > E4GT > Galaxy Note > Galaxy S 3 > Galaxy Note II > HTC One > Galaxy Note 8 > Galaxy S 4

dhruvmalik
Old
Thanks Meter 435
Anything with Skype? I am sure they will be adding the support soon. Hopefully if it doesn't cause any conflicts with their BS exclusivity with Verizon.

Raspster
Old
(Last edited by Raspster; 6th May 2011 at 12:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickie2007 View Post
Cant test Tango without contacts to make call, but Qik works after Menu>Switch Cameras on the record option...

I think its safe to assume all is good with the FFC!!

Dickie.
How did you get Qik to work properly? It works but my image is upside down..? Also, where did you see option to switch camera in the menu in Qik.?

UPDATE: Found the setting your talking about but its in video share. By changing that, will it display me right side up in the video chat part of Qik?