Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] custom pit compatibility with Kitkat/CM11

Tip us?

xerubium
Old
(Last edited by xerubium; 12th July 2014 at 06:02 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] custom pit compatibility with Kitkat/CM11

I flashed a custom pit for a larger device memory to install more apps when I was in 4.3. I didn't encounter any problem even after I flashed CM11 for Kitkat until I got a warning of my internal storage is full when I am updating apps. I decided to move some of my apps to SD card but I received a warning of my external storage is full also.

I checked the storage information in Setting and found the original "Device Memory" & "Internal Storage" sections now both named as the latter. The 1st one (which I suppose to be the original Device Memory) still have 5GB left while the second one is full, and of course my SD card got plenty space about 16GB left. It seems the second one is treated as another SD card or what.

It seems Device Memory is a nasty invention of Samsung as other phone don't split the internal storage into two so I suspect the Kitkat in CM11(extracted from some Nexus I think) cannot work properly with that.

I just wonder how can I fix this: flash the original pit with 2GB Device Memory then let the clean install of CM11 do the magic or flash a pit with all 16GB as Device Memory?

Thank you for anyone giving any information.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

xerubium
Old
(Last edited by xerubium; 12th July 2014 at 06:03 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Sorry for forgetting tagged as question but I can't found the edit option in the apps.

Edit: I found the Edit finally. Sorry for self-pushing the topic.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app