Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] CWM/Previous ROM wont let me install any new Roms

OP GoShred907

21st March 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I installed JellySnap about a week ago just to try it out and decided that I didnt like it. Alot of force closing of apps going on and that was just annoying. Also couldnt view any pictures in the messenger app or a third party messenger app without the apps force closing. "Google search has unfortuantely stopped." I got around that by installing a new launcher.

Anyway, whenever I go to install a new ROM the installations always abort immediately after the installation begins. I got a status 7 error with one of the roms. A thread I viewed a little earlier advised me to edit one of the scripts to remove the cert verification, alas, that did not help either. So I am at a loss as to what to do. I could have sworn that when I first installed JellySnap it actually went through and overwrote my CWM with an older version it had in its zip package. I could have sworn that I had an earlier version of CWM. The touch version. Now I have to use the volume and home buttons. Version 6.0.1.2-siyah.

Any ideas on how I can fix this and start installing some new roms? Ive tried the latest updates of cyanogenmod, revolution, omega and resurrectionremix so far.

Thanks
22nd March 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 58

125 posts
What kernel are you on? Try installing philz kernel and reboot recovery. I think that worked for me when I had similar problem a while ago.
Edit. You probably have Apolo kernel, if jellysnap has the option for Dori you could reinstall your ROM and choose Dori in aroma. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
Last edited by pargas; 22nd March 2014 at 01:02 AM.
23rd March 2014, 09:38 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try flashing Stock room with odin (sammobile.com) and then flash the room you want

Sent from my TF101 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
25th March 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 72

323 posts
More
flash a new recovery . and reboot recovery ..you are done . happens with many custom ( kitkat in particular ) as these roms are still in development . flash a new recovery ( 6.0.4.5) reboot recovery and flash the new rom . no need to flash stock via odin or anything else . simple as that .
here's to help you - http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...tible-t2546597
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread