Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,368 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Resurrection Rom flashing new kernel problem

Tip us?

ottoasd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Resurrection Rom flashing new kernel problem

Hello I need your help about installing gustavos kernel to my galaxy S2. I flash resurrection rom which is awesome and I also want to change my kernel. But when i try to flash it, I stuck at boot screen. I try also kernel wipe before flashing but it is still same. Can anybody help me please??
Thanks indeed...

sertahn
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoasd View Post
Hello I need your help about installing gustavos kernel to my galaxy S2. I flash resurrection rom which is awesome and I also want to change my kernel. But when i try to flash it, I stuck at boot screen. I try also kernel wipe before flashing but it is still same. Can anybody help me please??
Thanks indeed...
I am using RR as well and as far as I saw in ROM's topic, many users have faced problems with custom kernels. Especially Dorimanx versions. I only once tried Gustavo and installed it without any problem. Just flashed it in CWM and that was all. I can say that make a full wipe, install RR first and then Gustavo. That should be OK.

But after a few days with Gustavo, I returned back to the original kernel of RR. Because it is stable and no major problems. So my advice is use the ROM with it's own original kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to sertahn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

banjara
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Maybe the flash wasn't clean.. Try Kernel wipe script.
Galaxy S2
ROM: AOSB 1.3.6

ottoasd
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjara View Post
Maybe the flash wasn't clean.. Try Kernel wipe script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sertahn View Post
I am using RR as well and as far as I saw in ROM's topic, many users have faced problems with custom kernels. Especially Dorimanx versions. I only once tried Gustavo and installed it without any problem. Just flashed it in CWM and that was all. I can say that make a full wipe, install RR first and then Gustavo. That should be OK.

But after a few days with Gustavo, I returned back to the original kernel of RR. Because it is stable and no major problems. So my advice is use the ROM with it's own original kernel.
I already try kernel wipe script but the result is same. Generally i flash with full wipe ı dont know where i make a mistake. Maybe i should wait for stable kernel)

banjara
Old
Thanks Meter 111
I have flashed Gustavo's 26/3 kernel many times before but recently the same kernel file gave me status 7 error.
Try downloading your kernel file again. Maybe the file has gone corrupt.
Galaxy S2
ROM: AOSB 1.3.6