Ask a question

No registration required

Resurrection Rom flashing new kernel problem

OP ottoasd

27th May 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hello I need your help about installing gustavos kernel to my galaxy S2. I flash resurrection rom which is awesome and I also want to change my kernel. But when i try to flash it, I stuck at boot screen. I try also kernel wipe before flashing but it is still same. Can anybody help me please??
Thanks indeed...
6th June 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoasd

Hello I need your help about installing gustavos kernel to my galaxy S2. I flash resurrection rom which is awesome and I also want to change my kernel. But when i try to flash it, I stuck at boot screen. I try also kernel wipe before flashing but it is still same. Can anybody help me please??
Thanks indeed...

I am using RR as well and as far as I saw in ROM's topic, many users have faced problems with custom kernels. Especially Dorimanx versions. I only once tried Gustavo and installed it without any problem. Just flashed it in CWM and that was all. I can say that make a full wipe, install RR first and then Gustavo. That should be OK.

But after a few days with Gustavo, I returned back to the original kernel of RR. Because it is stable and no major problems. So my advice is use the ROM with it's own original kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to sertahn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #3  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 115

419 posts
More
Maybe the flash wasn't clean.. Try Kernel wipe script.
6th June 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjara

Maybe the flash wasn't clean.. Try Kernel wipe script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sertahn

I am using RR as well and as far as I saw in ROM's topic, many users have faced problems with custom kernels. Especially Dorimanx versions. I only once tried Gustavo and installed it without any problem. Just flashed it in CWM and that was all. I can say that make a full wipe, install RR first and then Gustavo. That should be OK.

But after a few days with Gustavo, I returned back to the original kernel of RR. Because it is stable and no major problems. So my advice is use the ROM with it's own original kernel.

I already try kernel wipe script but the result is same. Generally i flash with full wipe ı dont know where i make a mistake. Maybe i should wait for stable kernel)
8th June 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 115

419 posts
More
I have flashed Gustavo's 26/3 kernel many times before but recently the same kernel file gave me status 7 error.
Try downloading your kernel file again. Maybe the file has gone corrupt.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread