Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] CyanogenMod 10.1.3 How to install on S2?

OP RunesOfPursuit

8th January 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
More
I've recently downloaded the Stable version of CM and I don't know how to install it, after installing it will I lose my data? App game datas?
Thanks a lot
8th January 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

21 posts
True. When you install a new rom you should wipe data. Otherwise it crashes on startup. You can back up the data that
8th January 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Kuala Lumpur

26 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duykhanh187

True. When you install a new rom you should wipe data. Otherwise it crashes on startup. You can back up the data that

So how do I install it?
8th January 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Kuala Lumpur

26 posts
More
I've looked into the other installation guides but those are for CM10.2 (Andorid 4.3) so I think its different installation method from 10.1, but I cant find a tutorial
8th January 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3,210

7,087 posts
C'mon...Read the first page of the CM10 thread & follow the installation instructions. Doesn't take a MENSA member to get it done
8th January 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4

21 posts
If you have used titanium backup root hayz to backup game data. Want to install a new ROM to install it into RECOVERY. If the rom you download it tails. ZIP Remember to wipe data + cache + dakvil before.
12th January 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 18

88 posts
My device GT-i9100G

note: im always start all my flash from stock ROM (meaning stock JB 4.1.2)
my usual method, all can be done in the phone, no need odin if youre already stock;
-download all related file, CM10.1.3, CM GApps, Blazing kernel v8 (if you dont want your binary counter to change)...put them in external SD
-boot into recovery, select apply update from external storage, select file blazing kernel v8, let it finish and reboot normally
-then reboot into recovery again and install your Cm10.1.3 and GApps by navigating to your external SD (sorry cant remember the path)
-after finish installing both above file, let it reboot...if bootloop, reboot back into recovery and wipe data, cache and dalvik, and then reboot

now your CM10.1.3 is ready~

-hit thanks if my post helps you-

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread