Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CyanogenMod 10.1.3 How to install on S2?

Tip us?

RunesOfPursuit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking [Q] CyanogenMod 10.1.3 How to install on S2?

I've recently downloaded the Stable version of CM and I don't know how to install it, after installing it will I lose my data? App game datas?
Thanks a lot

duykhanh187
Old
Thanks Meter 4
True. When you install a new rom you should wipe data. Otherwise it crashes on startup. You can back up the data that

RunesOfPursuit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by duykhanh187 View Post
True. When you install a new rom you should wipe data. Otherwise it crashes on startup. You can back up the data that
So how do I install it?

RunesOfPursuit
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've looked into the other installation guides but those are for CM10.2 (Andorid 4.3) so I think its different installation method from 10.1, but I cant find a tutorial

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,205
C'mon...Read the first page of the CM10 thread & follow the installation instructions. Doesn't take a MENSA member to get it done
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

duykhanh187
Old
Thanks Meter 4
If you have used titanium backup root hayz to backup game data. Want to install a new ROM to install it into RECOVERY. If the rom you download it tails. ZIP Remember to wipe data + cache + dakvil before.

VannM
Old
Thanks Meter 17
My device GT-i9100G

note: im always start all my flash from stock ROM (meaning stock JB 4.1.2)
my usual method, all can be done in the phone, no need odin if youre already stock;
-download all related file, CM10.1.3, CM GApps, Blazing kernel v8 (if you dont want your binary counter to change)...put them in external SD
-boot into recovery, select apply update from external storage, select file blazing kernel v8, let it finish and reboot normally
-then reboot into recovery again and install your Cm10.1.3 and GApps by navigating to your external SD (sorry cant remember the path)
-after finish installing both above file, let it reboot...if bootloop, reboot back into recovery and wipe data, cache and dalvik, and then reboot

now your CM10.1.3 is ready~

-hit thanks if my post helps you-