Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 51,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cyanogenmod 11 Update from CM 10.2 bootloop my galaxy s2

Tip us?

Foxaki
Old
(Last edited by Foxaki; 27th June 2014 at 03:07 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Cyanogenmod 11 Update from CM 10.2 bootloop my galaxy s2

I used for the first time cyanogenmod with their one click install and i was able to flash CM10.2. (Galaxy sII - i9100)
But from the moment i understood that i was not going to have a fm radio again i decided at least to flash the newest CM version.
And that was what i did...
i flashed CM11 and the suitable version of gapps for the rom and after that i reboot my phone.
From that moment and until now my phone is in a constant bootloop in the CM logo screen!

Are there any ideas how to overcome this situation?

I tried to install again CM with their one click installation from the download screen but CM respond that they did not support my devise!
Imagine that i tried to sideload CM10.2 but nothing happened.

Please any help would be really appreciated!

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1183
You need to flash it with a KK compatible CWM. Search the ROM threads for a link to one.....and follow ALL the instructions.....

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right

omkarsathe92
Old
(Last edited by omkarsathe92; 27th June 2014 at 12:52 PM.) Reason: Video Link Updated
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxaki View Post
I used for the first time cyanogenmod with their one click install and i was able to flash CM10.2. (Galaxy sII - i9100)
But from the moment i understood that i was not going to have a fm radio again i decided at least to flash the newest CM version.
And that was what i did...
i flashed CM11 and the suitable version of gapps for the rom and after that i reboot my phone.
From that moment and until now my phone is in a constant bootloop in the CM logo screen!

Are there any ideas how to overcome this situation?

I tried to install again CM with their one click installation from the download screen but CM respond that they did not support my devise!
Imagine that i tried to sideload CM10.2 but nothing happened.

Please any help would be really appreciated!
Hi!
Step 1: Pull out the battery just to make sure that the phone is completely powered off and then charge your battery for a sufficient amount of time to ensure you have enough charge. You don't want the battery to die during a flash.
Step 2: Press and hold (Volume up + Home + Power) buttons simultaneously till you see the "GT-I9100" splash/logo at which point let go off the buttons, your phone will boot into CWM Recovery, it'll be KitKat compatible since you're coming from CM 10.2
Step 3: Now follow THIS VIDEO STEP-BY-STEP to install CM11
Step 4: Enjoy your brand new KitKat powered S2 & hit Thanks if I helped you
Regards,
Omkar
Check out Galaxy S2 & Moto G Rom Reviews and How-To Videos on My YouTube Channel

keithross39
Old
(Last edited by keithross39; 27th June 2014 at 04:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by omkarsathe92 View Post
Hi!
Step 1: Pull out the battery just to make sure that the phone is completely powered off and then charge your battery for a sufficient amount of time to ensure you have enough charge. You don't want the battery to die during a flash.
Step 2: Press and hold (Volume up + Home + Power) buttons simultaneously till you see the "GT-I9100" splash/logo at which point let go off the buttons, your phone will boot into CWM Recovery, it'll be KitKat compatible since you're coming from CM 10.2
Step 3: Now follow THIS VIDEO STEP-BY-STEP to install CM11
Step 4: Enjoy your brand new KitKat powered S2 & hit Thanks if I helped you
Regards,
Omkar
If he's coming from 10.2 the CWM WILL NOT be compatible (10.2 is a JB build and the CWM will be for JB builds). He needs to flash a KK CWM as a first step.....he DOESN'T need to remove his battery or watch non XDA videos....or any of those other steps.
What he DOES need to do (in this order) is......
1) charge battery
2) flash KK CWM
3) reboot recovery
4) do the wipes
5) flash ROM
6) flash gapps
7) reboot....
THAT IS ALL

omkarsathe92
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithross39 View Post
If he's coming from 10.2 the CWM WILL NOT be compatible (10.2 is a JB build and the CWM will be for JB builds). He needs to flash a KK CWM as a first step.....he DOESN'T need to remove his battery or watch non XDA videos....or any of those other steps.
What he DOES need to do (in this order) is......
1) charge battery
2) flash KK CWM
3) reboot recovery
4) do the wipes
5) flash ROM
6) flash gapps
7) reboot....
THAT IS ALL

Half knowledge is dangerous buddy, get your facts right first. If you have a doubt, flash the latest cm10.2 nightly and check the recovery version, it'll be greater than cwm 6.0.4.3 which is the what makes it kitkat compatible recovery. Your wife is wrong and about the video, I bet he'll find it more useful then what you have written. What do you mean by "do the wipes"? You're helping him or confusing him even more? Either tell him the complete thing which wipes you're talking about or don't, at all. And let him decide what he needs to watch and what he doesn't. And when someone else is trying to help too, let them, don't be a jerk.
Check out Galaxy S2 & Moto G Rom Reviews and How-To Videos on My YouTube Channel

keithross39
Old
(Last edited by keithross39; 28th June 2014 at 12:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1183
Jerk?........
Who are you to call me names....
All you are trying to do is to increase the number of views on a video you posted to YouTube.
And what if the OP is running an older 10.2?......he'll more than likely have an older CWM.
The method I detailed removes the un-necessary over complication of flashing an entire ROM just to get an updated CWM.
And finally, about the wipes......
If the OP reads the flashing instructions in the relevant thread, he'll know EXACTLY what I mean. So don't harp on at me about giving half the knowledge.....this site isn't about "spoon feeding" it's about providing information and pointers to XDA resources that will allow people to get more confident on their own through reading and learning.....
Oh yeah...and feel free to comment on my sig again......you obviously have nothing else to add......

omkarsathe92
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithross39 View Post
Jerk?........
Who are you to call me names....
All you are trying to do is to increase the number of views on a video you posted to YouTube.
And what if the OP is running an older 10.2?......he'll more than likely have an older CWM.
The method I detailed removes the un-necessary over complication of flashing an entire ROM just to get an updated CWM.
And finally, about the wipes......
If the OP reads the flashing instructions in the relevant thread, he'll know EXACTLY what I mean. So don't harp on at me about giving half the knowledge.....this site isn't about "spoon feeding" it's about providing information and pointers to XDA resources that will allow people to get more confident on their own through reading and learning.....
Oh yeah...and feel free to comment on my sig again......you obviously have nothing else to add......

1) My comment about signature and my language was inappropriate. It was immature on my part, I'm sorry.
2) OP posted this query YESTERDAY, so there's no way he could be running that old a build of CM10.2 with CWM 6.0.4.2 or lower.
3) And I posted those videos to help as I myself and many others prefer video tutorials to text guides. Sorry if my videos offend you.
Kind regards,
Omkar