5,605,438 Members 43,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Data - Tap To Refresh

Tip us?

leeroy888
Old
(Last edited by leeroy888; 10th December 2013 at 01:16 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No Data - Tap To Refresh

Can you please help?.

I have a Samsung S2 (GT-I9100T). Recently, when turning on my mobile, I get a initial screen "No Data, Tap To Refresh" on top, and below a symbol "Lock". Upon sliding the symbol "Lock" to the left, I gain access to my home screen. Everything appears to be working fine. It's annoying getting this screen every time, I turn on the mobile. I have not installed any new apps recently.

My Mobile Status: Android Ver 4.1.2, Paranoid Android Ver 2.54, CyanogenMod Ver 10.0.0-RC0-i9100
Weather apps installed: Weather Australia 1.1R3.6, and 1Weather 2.1.4

My research revealed that the cause could be due to the Weather apps version changes or weather data cannot be updated, or weather apps being obsolete. Both my weather apps are working and updating fine. What could have caused this problem?

Your help to resolve my problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

leeroy888
Old
(Last edited by leeroy888; 10th December 2013 at 01:16 AM.) Reason: upadte with more info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default My Resolution - Problem Resolved

Problem resolved myself. This is for the member's benefit who ever encounter this problem..
Solution:
Go to phone settings:
> Lock Screen
> Weather: Untick Dislpay Weather - Yahoo Weather
> Screen Security: Untick Power button insta..., and Show widget befor,,,

Power off/on mobile - no more "no data - Tap to refresh"
Yes it's caused by Yahoo Weather update. I'm not using Yahoo Weather and never going to use it.

Wonder why it's a default in Lock Screen options?. Perhaps it's from Paranoid Android Ver 2.54?