5,600,664 Members 36,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What is the difference between the I9100 and the I9100T?

Tip us?

1jz68u
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default What is the difference between the I9100 and the I9100T?

Does anyone know? I am in australia and have a vodafone branded galaxy s 2 and it states that it is a GTI9100T, I know others with other providers and they have GTI9100. Also I have a different kernel it is KF2.

Does anyone have any idea??

Sent from my GT-I9100T using XDA App

(•.•)
Old
Thanks Meter 99
The T-Version is a specially modified T (tracked) Version wich tracks all your actions with the phone even more then the original...

not really, but be careful using it and check out android privacy.

Do you like to share ALL your private files/data to strangers?
Like your actual Contacts, SMS, MMS, Emails, Photos, Videos, GPS Position, Notes, Passwords...

Everything of these can be easy downloaded in the backround with normal looking apps from your normal unsecured android smartphone!

Did you know that?

to secure your smartphone, read on:

Android Security Warning!

Android Privacy

1jz68u
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
No one has any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using XDA App

cundiffr
Old
Thanks Meter 31
The T on Samsung products usually indicates a T-Mobile branded device

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA Premium App
Google Nexus 5

Google Nexus 7 (2013)

1jz68u
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
nope found it

http://community.vodafone.com.au/t5/...ion/td-p/13787

different sar value whatever that is

steve228uk
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Tegra

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

xinfinityoO
Old
Thanks Meter 358
i think its something to do with NEXTG network support
ROM: RomMIX_byRush v5.5
Kernel: DreamKernel 2.7.2

caudex
Old
Thanks Meter 28
they all should support NEXTG.
Its just the SAR difference. the Samsung Website shows it when you look at the SAR values for the phone.

There are also the following variants:
GT-I9100 - 0.338 W/kg
GT-I9100G - 0.247 W/kg
GT-I9100M - 0.338 W/kg
GT-I9100T - 0.285 W/kg

This is what it says on the samsung site:
====================================
This phone meets European Union (EU) requirements concerning exposure to radio waves. Your mobile phone is a radio transmitter and receiver. It is designed and manufactured so as not to exceed the limits for exposure to radio-frequency (RF) energy, as recommended by the EU Council. These limits are part of comprehensive guidelines and establish permitted levels of RF energy for the general population. The guidelines were developed by independent scientific organizations through the periodic and thorough evaluation of scientific studies. The limits include a substantial safety margin designed to ensure the safety of all persons, regardless of age and health.

The exposure standard for mobile phones employs a unit of measurement known as SAR (Specific Absorption Rate). The SAR limit recommended by the EU Council is 2.0 W/kg.*

The highest SAR value for this model phone was <insert above SAR value>
SAR tests are conducted using standard operating positions with the phone transmitting at its highest certified power level in all tested frequency bands. Although the SAR is determined at the highest certified power level, the actual SAR level of the phone while operating can be well below the maximum value. This is because the phone is designed to operate at multiple power levels so as to use only the power required to reach the network. In general, the closer you are to a base station, the lower the power output of the phone.

Before a new model phone is available for sale to the public, compliance with the European R&TTE Directive must be shown. This directive includes as one of its essential requirements the protection of the health and safety of the user and any other person.
====================================
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caudex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xinfinityoO
Old
Thanks Meter 358
ok well i always thought it was meant for specific frequencies/network it supports.. that was the case for the first galaxy
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...alaxy_S_Series

shows in the table
ROM: RomMIX_byRush v5.5
Kernel: DreamKernel 2.7.2

diamalus_BOFH
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Sorry to resurface an old thread, but I thought this might be useful to some people.

tl;dr I9100T phones seem to need I9100T modem firmware to ensure usable data speeds. They can be flashed with ordinary I9100 ROM and kernels, but reflash with I9100T modem firmware afterwards.

I think there is more of a difference between the I9100T and the standard I9100 than just the SARS value. Here is why I think so.

I have a I9100T purchased from Telstra in Australia - and I use it on the Optus network. When I received the phone it had modem firmware DVKF2 and kernel DVKF4.

The first thing I did after getting the phone was to flash it to Cognition v1.31 (XXKG3). After a few days I realised I was getting terrible 3G speeds – like 900ms pings and 30kbps up/down. So I flashed the modem to DUKF2 (I couldn’t find a DVKF2). Things seemed to perform much better but my phone seemed to jump from 3G to H intermittently and while speeds were fast, there was large “gaps” as it re-negotiated from 3G to H and vise versa.

So with the DUKF2 modem firmware in place I went searching for solutions and found the *#301279# code (which lets me control 3G, H and H+ modes). Just to repeat, I am using the Optus network, so there is no possibility of me reaching H+ speeds. My results are from the SpeedTest app. Here is what I found:
  • 3G only: Speeds were only marginally better than flashing the modem with a non-I9100T firmware. 250ms pings 300kbps down / 200kbps up.
  • 3G and H: The odd part is that in this mode the phone never jumped up to H. It stayed on 3G all the time. Weird. Anyway, I was getting 180ms pings and around 2 Mbps down / 300 kbps down. Now, things seemed to be more stable. After the initial ramp-up in speed, the chart would roughly resemble a table top as if I was hitting a speed limit.
  • 3G, H and H+: This enabled the switching up to H mode. The speeds were the best here as I could get anywhere between 2-4 Mbps down and 300-500 kbps up. Pings around 100-200ms. The problem was the speed was “erratic” The charts were nowhere near as consistent as being in 3G and H mode (where only 3G was operating). This is because the phone seemed to negotiate between 3G and H and that would cause gaps. Sometimes it did this 2-3 times in the one test – and the test only goes for something like 10-15 seconds!

Just to make it clear, I tried all of these modes under a few different modem firmwares such as XXKF2/3 and XXKG3 that were made for the I9100 and I had terrible speeds regardless. It was not until I flashed I9100T modem firmwares did the speed improve.

What do you guys think? I have read that others in similar situations (Telstra phone I9100T on Voda or Optus networks having poor speeds). Or could it just be my phone and I should return it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamalus_BOFH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]