Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,813 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] difficulty updating samsung galaxy s2

Tip us?

deshi-freshi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] difficulty updating samsung galaxy s2

Hi guys,
i have an issue with a phone i recently got off ebay. It works fine, but the problem is that the charging port doesnt work. This means that there is no PC connectivity available to use samsung kies. The other problem is that it is currently running android 4.0.3 ICS, but when i try the OTA under about phone in settings there is no option for updating. This seems a bit odd to me, but i cant get around this issue, Please can someone help me. I've rooted the device but im not sure which rom is compatable with it. i'd like a rom closest to the samsung stock rom without the bloatware.

carrier - tmobile (unlocked)
version 4.0.3 ICS
baseband version I9100BVLPB
build number IML74K.BVLPB

Thank you in advance

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Replace the board/port - really easy/quick/cheap (~US$10-$15) to do yourself; KeithRoss39 has a guide in the General section that has all the info you need - search for it. If you're going to be flashing anything, not having a working USB port is a recipe for disaster. You have no way of recovering if the SHTF (which it does for everyone at some point).

With regard rom recommendations, these are forbidden here. It's expected you do your own research (read the rom threads in the two Development sections) to find a rom that has what you need/works well for you (mods will close the thread if you persist with that line).
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]